"ULTRA SETTINGS?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ULTRA SETTINGS?"

We teach gamers how to mod their desired video games, post useful tips & tutorials, share cheats, patches and everything player can need!

I found a topic on this forum about a so called "ultra" setting I tested this myself and I didn't notice to much of a difference with my 6800 Ultra, nor a frame rate decrease wonder if it really does anything. Questions, Comments anything?

I don't see a change

Comment

not a big difference, looks the same as high settings

Comment

I wish I could have high settings....

Comment

Thought so, I felt the same way. Why do the options say "Ultra Settings" To be honest all I noticed was maybe a decrease in jaggies. Just thought I'd share what I found with everyone else.

Comment

I think like DOOM3 the Ultra setting simply uses the entire texture file rather than the compressed ones. In DOOM3 on High setting the textures are compressed then put into the VRam, but if you set it to Ultra the textures are put into VRam without compression, which only works with 512mb or higher vram video cards. (eg SLI).
            Exactly what difference in image quality between compressd and uncompressed texture I am not sure since I only have 6600gt, but I doubt it will make a very noticeable difference.

Comment

The textures are made for 3 quality settings.
              Low, Mid and High. So you cannot have an ultrahigh setting.
              There are no files for it. You can but i think they cutted it from the game.

Comment

Welcome to 2 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfi
                  The textures are made for 3 quality settings.
                  Low, Mid and High. So you cannot have an ultrahigh setting.
                  There are no files for it. You can but i think they cutted it from the game.
                  Like what was previously mentioned....Ultra setting will probably be no compression whereas Low Medium High uses 3 stages of compression. No point having Uncompressed textures anyway, without a magnifying glass there will no difference.

Comment

The only way to achive ultra settings in the REAL world is tou Put everything on high and pur up AA to the max. 6x AA for me

Comment

I don't see anything

Comment

Working...
                      X