BF Install Error !@#$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF Install Error !@#$

I'm installing my copy of BF:2 and i've tried 5 times now with no luck. Every time when the install is at the very very end like 99 percent installed it just stops spinning the cd and the install says "failed to install battelfield 2, try again from the beginning." Please someone help me. I have 1.8p4, 9600xt, 768 ram

Cheers,
    BernieM

The 1.6GHz P4 really screams out at me as the issue, but I'm not techno-whiz. Hell, I don't even know the min. Specs...

Comment

Make sure you have the minimum equipment.

Comment

Sorry but to the two people who just responded you must have trouble reading because i stated 1.8p4 not 1.6...
        And the second guy make sure you have the min specs...1.8 is more than enough so i my 9600xt, and so is my 768mb of ram, which I clearly wrote in my first post. Thanks for the attempted help on the subject though guys.

Also I ran the demo with no problem at all.

Cheers,
        BernieM

Comment

Try getting anyones help with that attitude.

Comment

try learning how to read coo coo thx.

Cheers
            BernieM

P.S. anyone who knows how to read please respond.

Comment

Do you have more than one CD/DVD drive? If so, try it in the other one. Sometimes some games won't install correctly (or play) in certain CD/DVD drives.

You might also need to clean the CD/DVD drive(s). There are various types of cleaners available.

There's also the possibility of the disc just being faulty. The solution to this problem is to return to the store you bought the game from and exchange it for another copy, stating the obvious problem. If the game continues failing installation, then you know it's a problem with your machine, and not the game.

Comment

*Moved*

Comment

Originally posted by Stalingraduate
                  Do you have more than one CD/DVD drive? If so, try it in the other one. Sometimes some games won't install correctly (or play) in certain CD/DVD drives.

You might also need to clean the CD/DVD drive(s). There are various types of cleaners available.

There's also the possibility of the disc just being faulty. The solution to this problem is to return to the store you bought the game from and exchange it for another copy, stating the obvious problem. If the game continues failing installation, then you know it's a problem with your machine, and not the game.
                  There. An idiot could figure that one out Bernie. :laugh:

Comment

Um the 1.8Ghz barely makes the minimum requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
                      Um the 1.8Ghz barely makes the minimum requirements.
                      owned. jerk. :laugh:

Comment

Ha he sure "owned" me by implying that my computer barely makes the min req. I guess I was owned by the fact that my computer is not fast enough for you uber nerds. But let me tell you I really feel owned this morning i'm not sure what to do about it either...maybe you should just go jump off a cliff or maybe i'll throw you off one.

Comment

wow and he wants ur help....he really shows it!lol

Comment

Working...
                          X