Which driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which driver?

I dont know which driver I need to download.

I think this is my video card--- Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
    I tried the nvidia one but it didnt work.

If you're using an intel graphics card.....you need a new card, not drivers.

Comment

That's your driver "Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller", you need to figure out what video card you got. Looks like it might be one integrated with your motherboard if it's using this driver. In wich case you badly need a new video card.

Comment

So will battlefield 2 not work on it. 1942 works perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyNuggets
          That's your driver "Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller", you need to figure out what video card you got. Looks like it might be one integrated with your motherboard if it's using this driver. In wich case you badly need a new video card.
          This is what it said in dxdiag--

---------------
          Display Devices
          ---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
          Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
          DAC type: Internal
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_01601028&REV_01
          Display Memory: 64.0 MB
          Current Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (75Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
          Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
          Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll
          Driver Version: 6.13.0010.3510 (English)
          DDI Version: 8
          Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Comment

I think that's the driver for an intel integrated graphics card. Is your monitor plugged in at the bottom of your pc or does it plug in in the middle where all your other stuff plugs in?

Comment

Its in the middle

Comment

Your video card is a part of your motherboard, you need to buy a real video card and install it, especially since that one only has 64mb of memory. Find out if you have AGP or PCI slots in your motherboard and then buy a card if you ever want decent performance in games.

Comment

I'm guessing this 'video card' is actually an onboard card...meaning its built onto the motherboard and likely meaning its crap.

Sorry

If you have a factory computer (Dell, Gateway, whatever) you can probably get driver updates from their websites.

If its custom built you'll need to know what kind of motherboard you have and hopefully be able to find out what kind of video card is built onto it...OR you can actually look at the motherboard yourself and find some sort of model # off of it. Your manual may even tell you...

But from the looks of things you've really already identified the type of video card, and I googled finding out that there is a newer version of the driver...but the link was dead. It was 6.14.somethin and was released early 2005.

Comment

New Video card!!! nuff said.

Comment

Heres the driver. http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/36185

Comment

Thanks, this is my bad computer. I installed battlefield 2 on it and was gonna try to send it to my good computer somehow cause the cd drive is broken on my good computer. I was just wondering if it would work on this computer but I guess it wont.

Comment

Working...
                        X