Ram Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Help?

Will 1 More Gig Of Ram Help Me Run Game Faster And Be Able To Turn Textures On High Without Lag Or Bad Fps? System Specs - Emachine 3000+ 512mb, 333mhz, X700 Pro

Current Settings- Everything High Except Textures And Lighting On Medium With Aa At 6x

HI

I had read many posts for and , well, not against really, but suggetsing that 2 gig's would make no difference.

From the gate I was have really, really bad graphic corruptions objects turning balck, flickering, white flashes. et. The stuttering and lock ups were rediculous no matter what I tried. (Many sets of drivers, every setting in game I could think of, ATI Tools, everything)

Well, gotta say that after adding another gig...so far at least, I have been able to run 1600x1200 2x AA and all High settings with little or no problems.

Graphic problems, gone.
    Stuttering (with the exception of 5 seconds or so when first entering game) gone.

So for me the added gig has made all the difference. Feels like a whole new game.

Well, off to check out other maps and test some more....

But dude, reading your settings....6x AA will take a huge hit on your system and (my own observation-opinion) is that 2x AA if fine and barely distinguishable from 4x. But 6? I think you may be bogging yourself down there.

Reduce to 2x and go with better Texture and lighting.

But give the extra gig a try....if you go to Frys, you have 15 days to return.

Best

Comment

I have 1 GB, and I have no problems. So you just need another 512. Your video card may not be able to handle everything on high with 6x. I have an X850XT PE, and it can handle it, but only puts out about 60FPS or so.

Comment

i turned aa on 4 and turned dynamic shadows off and turned tex on high and still got a little, not alot, but enuff lag where i couldnt stand it

Comment

:hmm: almost nobody ever considers the connection speed and quality a factor... even if you have an uber-fast pc... but if your connection is crap... you will lag bigtime!

Comment

Working...
          X