Sugesstions on cpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugesstions on cpu

Hey, i need some sugesstions on a new cpu.

I don't want it to be to expensive (probably still expensive) but to be good enough to keep up with my 7800GTX.

Right now i have a P4 3,2HT (540J). Socket 775.

Originally posted by Stealthstorm
    Hey, i need some sugesstions on a new cpu.

I don't want it to be to expensive (probably still expensive) but to be good enough to keep up with my 7800GTX.

Right now i have a P4 3,2HT (540J). Socket 775.

i think that cpu is fine.

but i would suggest an AMD 64 4000+?

or maybe a fx 57

Comment

yea i agree with him but not on the intel part i hate intel with a passion so get a amd processor and get the either the 4000+ or a 3800+ venice core and overclock the hell outa it.

Comment

Originally posted by $G-MONEY SMITH$
        yea i agree with him but not on the intel part i hate intel with a passion so get a amd processor and get the either the 4000+ or a 3800+ venice core and overclock the hell outa it.
        The 3800+ is Venice and has 512kb cache, CPU at 2.4 GHz
        The 3700+ is San Diego and has 1MB cache, CPU at 2.2 GHz
        The 4000+ is San Diego and has 1MB cache, CPU at 2.4 GHz

I got the 3700+ over the 4000+ as the 4000+ was a lot more expensive, the only difference is 200MHz in CPU speed and that is easily OCed. So if you are in that area you might as well get the 1MB cache versions IMO, and they are with San Diego core, which along with Venice is the latest ones.

Comment

it wont make that much of a difference and you can overclock that venice to like 3ghz all most.

Comment

I have a 3.4 Intel with the 7800 and gig of ram. The system freakin screams. Your CPU is NOT your problem. Maybe you need more ram?

Comment

I have 1 gig ram.

And i can´t take a amd unless u buy me a new mobo?

It´s a p4 i need in socket 775

I have a 3.4 Intel with the 7800 and gig of ram. The system freakin screams. Your CPU is NOT your problem. Maybe you need more ram?
              And what is screeming in your eyes, how is your setup with bf2? Cs source if u have..other games, fps, 3dmark05..(mine around 7000).

Comment

I got new mobo and an amd 64 3000 for 250 bucks on it's way from newegg right now

Comment

I formatted and re-installed my harddisk+windows. I can run bf2 good on high now

Comment

More ram might be your best bet unless you have some money to spend.. new cpu = new mobo + ram also.

I noticed a pretty good jump in perfomance going from 1g of corsair xms to 2g. on my p4 3.0c x800xtpe

you might think of trying around with a little tweaking
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                    X