The last word on Blackhawks POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glasseye
    its a game right? so it is meant to have balance?

balĀ·ance
    A state of equilibrium or parity characterized by cancellation of all forces by equal opposing forces.
    A harmonious or satisfying arrangement or proportion of parts or elements, as in a design.

its meant to be fun, the winner should ideally be the better player, not omfg teh US pwnz u foo we r teh supapowa.
    The counter to the blackhawks are the jeeps, they have a 360 degree FOV.

Comment

never thought of that... kinda nice for them too

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
        The counter to the blackhawks are the jeeps, they have a 360 degree FOV.
        how long does it take a jeep to kill a blackhawk? how long does it take a blackhawk to kill a jeep? how many engineers can you have repairing a jeep from inside? how many tank hits can a jeep take?

@[r-mod]scoggs: mon dieu can you not understand that this is a game and the forces should be balanced?

Comment

i believe its about rite but it should have afew seperate boxs. like say u hit it in the tail with a rocket it should go down or spin out of control

Comment

i think that what he meant by 360 FOV was that they can use that in other places than shooting at a BH... you kno drive by but still shooting when hes driven by

also i like the idea of getting hit in tail rotor and spinnin or it would be nice to get hit in the engine and you heli just falling out of the sky... and i dont think any of the vehicles should be able to repair when in use

oh and since this is a game that apparently requires no strategey and HAS to be balance so players can have fun, why dont we leave the BH the way it is in its Uber Overpowerdness and add Mk.19's to all the other choppers... sounds good to me then all the people who cant aim a .50cal can just shoot 40mm grenades... then it will be fair right?

Comment

not really. people will then whine about the other choppers having grenades while the blackhawk only has the miniguns =D

Comment

Originally posted by [R-Mod]Scoggs
                oh and since this is a game that apparently requires no strategey and HAS to be balance so players can have fun, why dont we leave the BH the way it is in its Uber Overpowerdness and add Mk.19's to all the other choppers... sounds good to me then all the people who cant aim a .50cal can just shoot 40mm grenades... then it will be fair right?
                good idea. who wouldnt like a game where the most powerfull weapon is a transport helicopter.

Comment

I personally think they are about right. With the right people in it, it can be very powerful. But with a n00b pilot in it, and it can crash into the sea just a few feet from the carrier.

And anyone can jump in a plane and shoot/crash into one...

Comment

Allthough I think glasseye has a point, I still like the game this way. Air forces are much more participating in the overall game.

Comment

I think it's perfectly balanced. Just because people know how to use it very well doesn't mean it's overpowered. Learn how to take one out.

Comment

the iraq helo sux the guns cant shoot 4 crap and its like a flimsy piece of paper(thats y the chinese & the MEC have it lol jkes) i find that the hawks and the other trans helo always get wasted.i olny use em in a large map like fushee pass its sweet when u have a full squad in there so u cant get shot down

Comment

when im in the black hawk with one of my good fellow pilots i through c4's and nades while he hoveres over a tank or apc or spawnpoint ect. thats another cool feature about the black hawk witch can really come in handy somethines.

Comment

Originally posted by Dopethrone
                            I think it's perfectly balanced. Just because people know how to use it very well doesn't mean it's overpowered. Learn how to take one out.
                            The main problem is that people will get better and better. It has been said that only a good pilot can use the Blackhawk to its full ability.

Well, when the game came out, no one could....now if I'm on a map with a Blackhawk, chances are there's a good pilot flying one.

Eventually there will *always* be a good pilot flying one.

Again, how is it not overpowered? Have any of you ever seen any other vehicle allow 200+ points for multiple people in a game?

Comment

Personally I think the BH is perfect as it is. If its used correctly particularly on city maps it can be an absolute infantry annihilator and thats how it should be. However if its hovering anywhere where it can rack up kills it is also easy as hell to take out by MGs, AT, APC, Tanks, Air Defence and Ground defence.

However, I DO believe that its MEC and Chinese counterparts are underpowered. They should beef up the MG on that thing to make it far more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                                the BlackHawk is fine. With a few people working together, you can easily take it out.
                                they need to just leave the blackhawk alone..the only reason it is good is because some people know how to work together..otherwise its useless..and if people work together it can easily be takin down.. if people knew how to use it they would never complain about it bein overpowered...just people that get owned

Comment

Working...
                                X