Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys I was wondering if there was anyway to change your name....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys I was wondering if there was anyway to change your name....

I am pretty sure that there is no way to change your name unless you start a new account. Is this correct or is there some way to change your name and keep all your points and medals....etc.

It seems silly to not be able to change your name if you are recruiting new members to your clan then how do they get started? They have to erase all of their points and go back to pfc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

nope..ive heard maybe in the new patch coming out..

Comment

Re: Hey guys I was wondering if there was anyway to change your name....

look for profile.con and open it wit notepad and change it there

Comment

offline that is, right ?

Comment

***Moved***
          To general section

Comment

good tip. And your stats are secure if you do that right????

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
              look for profile.con and open it wit notepad and change it there
              So far no joy. Tried changing all three lines and each individually but I get an error:

"The Uniquenick Provided is Incorrect"

I'm going to keep playing with it but I'm sure this isn't going to work due to the login process.

*EDIT*

Just looked at the sticky. I found this thread in another section and it linked me here. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have seen the sticky first.

Comment

there is no way to change your name for online play unless you make a new account. what i would do is just keep your original name for public games then make a new account with the clan tag infront of it and use that for clan matches

Comment

Someone said this oversight would be addressed in the latest patch. I hope so. I'd hate to go into a clan match without my unlocks.

Comment

thats everyone's main concern with the nickname problem.

Comment

I wanted to change my name but I cant and I refuse to get another 20K points on another account. This is a major flaw with BF2 IMHO.

Comment

yeah i gotta agree with you there bro this is a MAJOR flaw.i mean clans are what keep games like this going and to not be able to have new recruits actually put the tag on is stupid. i mean of all things why would they overlook that? i just hope in the new patch they fix this, currently we have 3 members with no clan tag and it gets annoying.

Comment

Well, there's ONE sorta good thing about not being able to change your name: You're able to tell other people about 'wipes and stat-padders, since they can't hide their identities. And, you'd be able to say hi to other great players you remember playing before.

Comment

Originally posted by PLA-SN!P3R
                            Well, there's ONE sorta good thing about not being able to change your name: You're able to tell other people about 'wipes and stat-padders, since they can't hide their identities. And, you'd be able to say hi to other great players you remember playing before.
                            I would think a name change makes no difference in busting someone for cheating. Ultimately the account is tied to a CD key and I'm sure that track accounts down to names used + CD key.
                            Just my thoughts on the subject.

Comment

You cant change your name

Comment

Working...
                              X