No announcement yet.

Guide to the Commander Mode (Basic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Guide to the Commander Mode (Basic)

There's no good way to know which squad leader is talking to you over VOIP. I always remind Squad Leaders to preface any requests they make with their squad number. If they forget, I'll just ask them which squad made last request for "X".

Comment

Yes yes, I'm updating the guide now

50,000 VIEWS!

*celebrates*

Comment

Not sure if the question is posted, but how can I (as commander) say automated comments. I've seen commanders enter "you are the finest squad", etc but I don't know how to do this. Please, if there is a site or guide on how to do this, please post.

Pretty much, info on how to get extra command comments. Thanks.

Comment

Right click on the squad, and you get a whole bunch of options to tell them. So, the list of squads on the left, select the one(s) you want to "message" and right click. Select your message. Some are useful, some are not.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Now I can say someone more than just "negative" and "affirmative".

Comment

Hey there,

I was a commander yesterday for the first time and I really enjoyed it ! So today, at work, I'm trying to gather informations and tips on how to be a good commander. This thread is the best I found and I congratulate the one who wrote the guide.

BTW I was being curious about the way command points and commander's final points are calculated.
              Several people asked that question and the answer was different everytime. Some say that arty kills count in it, some others say only caps and defends do, and others say that it's only calculated on the average team score (addition of each player's total score or of each player's team points ?) at the end of the round ...
              Does anyone have the holy truth about it ? Maybe it's been answered in this thread, I know it's been asked several times but the answer was always different. Plz don't answer "I think it's calculated in this or that way ..." I'd like to see the answer with an official link to it or screenshots that proves it.

Sorry if it's been answered recently, I was too lenient to read the entire thread.

Hoping the truth will come out, regards.

Comment

Thanks for the guide ... now I know what to do

Comment

Wow... that guide rocked. I am an experienced player.. SPM of 2.41 nad a k/d over 1 but i am a n00bie at commander. Finally I can expect to try something new and maybe get some good points too :P I have written several guides and posted them on several sites for ground pounding but this guide rocks. it has inspired me to make a really good infnatry guide. Just again big big TY man!

Over

Comment

hey sick i knew everything but the zoom in part, ill try it out soon, anyways i was just wondering im kinda newb n hav every basic award except basic command, on this total bf2 web it says u need 40 command points. Is it 40 command points in total or in 1 round?

Adriano :guns:

Comment

Yes prior to x2 if you win.

Comment

yes as in... 40 command points IN TOTAL or IN 1 ROUND?

Comment

In one round. Wouldn't be a challenge if it was 40 command points in total right?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bob_Is_Scary

I have written several guides and posted them on several sites for ground pounding but this guide rocks. it has inspired me to make a really good infnatry guide. Just again big big TY man!
                            Where can i find these ground pounding tips? i would like to check it out!

Comment

Great guide lmao i thought you could only use the "t" button to do stuff so i would run into combat and press artilery strike then get owned lmao and i have done this for like 2 hours as commander lmao

Comment

Beautiful. This man is a real player who knows what its all about

Comment

Working...
                                X