Clear All

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Re: Sound Glitches

Has anyone found a way to enable hardware audio that doesn't involve buying a new card? I get the same audio-stutter.

sb live 24-bit

Comment

Originally posted by shadow11
            YEY, MORE UPGRADING, YEY. MORE MONEY TO SPEND ON STUPID PC PARTS.

Maybe I should just switch to the next gen consoles.
            I´m doing the same, since all next gens will have high def, so I still can play on my desk if I want, come PS3 come!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brian312531251
              Has anyone found a way to enable hardware audio that doesn't involve buying a new card? I get the same audio-stutter.

sb live 24-bit
              This card is on the unsupported list. You will get studdering unless you upgrade or use software rendering only. I know because I made the same mistake.

There is a huge difference in sound between hardware and software rendering.

Comment

SB Live 24 bit and Audigy LS are two cards that can not do hardware rendering because they do not have an EMU10k1 processor (EMU10k2 on the Audigy 1 and up). So now, there is no work around to be able to enable hardware sound on either of those cards.

Comment

I bought the Audigy 4 last night and it does hardware rendering on high settings and has a remote. The guy with the Audigy 2ZS can run hardware rendering also if he disables onboard sound. You can't have it all buddy.

Comment

From personal experience with my old Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 the drivers were the problem. When I made the sound card do all the work I noticed a decent gain in performance, of course that was due to my 2ghz P4:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Dethred
                      From personal experience with my old Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 the drivers were the problem. When I made the sound card do all the work I noticed a decent gain in performance, of course that was due to my 2ghz P4:laugh:
                      That and the fact that the original SB Live 4.1/5.1/Value all have the EMU10k1 chip on them.

Comment

Originally posted by -[MDS]-Stormy
                        SB Live 24 bit and Audigy LS are two cards that can not do hardware rendering because they do not have an EMU10k1 processor (EMU10k2 on the Audigy 1 and up). So now, there is no work around to be able to enable hardware sound on either of those cards.
                        While the Audigy LS does not support hardware rendering it still works fine in game. I have one and it works ok, I ordered a card that does support hardware render because I am curious about the EAX effects.

MOBO: Onboard audio can usually be disabled in the BIOS, if you dont disable it and you have an additional soundcard you are likely to have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutrino
                          While the Audigy LS does not support hardware rendering it still works fine in game. I have one and it works ok, I ordered a card that does support hardware render because I am curious about the EAX effects.

You're gonna love EAX. Sound is MUCH more directional. Cool stuff.

Comment

I have the "voice-over-stuttering" with a Medusa 5.1 USB Headset. Surround sound works just fine in ALL other games, except Battlefield.
                            In another forum i read that replacing the 8kHz ogg-voiceovefiles with 22kHz Files fixes the voiceover stuttering, but then Punkbuster kicks cause of modified game content
                            All ambient sounds are in perfect surround, just the damn voiceover sounds stutter
                            Any news on this problem/bug?

Comment

I hate to wake a year-old thread, but I'm having the same problem. =( I bought an Audigy SE last night, and promptly returned it when it didn't solve my problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X