LOL OWNED

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

AMD64x2 Owners

Okay, this may be an old thread but it was a new problem for me. If you are here, you have had the same problems I have had.
          I tried everything I found on the net to fix the “Your connection to the server has been lost” problem, and nothing seemed to work. Even my ISP got sick of sending out techs to check lines, modems, boxes, etc. I had just completed a new build and everything was the same except, I installed an AMD64 x2 4400+.
          After trying every thing that I found, I quit playing for weeks just furious. Then I remembered one tip that I did not try. Changing the CPU Affinity setting in the Task Manager.
          Well I did, and now I have been playing for two weeks without a connection loss. Now this fix may not work for you, but give it a try (if it applies to your CPU). If it helps some players, well then it’s a small victory. LOL

Anyway, if you have not found the previous posts on it here is how you change it.

Start up your BF2 as normal.
          After the game connects to the Account Server, Alt+Tab out to your desktop.
          Then, Ctrl+Alt+Del to Task Manager.
          Under your Processes tab, find your BF2.exe and right–click on it. A small menu will pop up and at the bottom is “Set Affinity”.
          Click on that and a small Dialog Box will open. There you will see CPU0 and CPU1. Uncheck CPU1.
          Hit OK and close your Task Manger.
          Go back into the game.

Now I am computer Savvy, but don’t claim to be a PC Tech so if it does not work for you, well I am sorry and good luck finding the right fix for you.

AMD64 x2 4400+
          Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
          (2) 150 GB WD Raptor 10K in RAID0
          2GB Corsair XMS DDR 400
          Creative X-Fi Music

Comment

Re: Your connection to the server has been lost

Originally posted by DeathGiver
            What causes it and how i can fix it. I lose my connection within an half hour of gameplay. Anything to fix it? It been happening since this weekend. If the full game is like this EA can take BF2 and shove it.

read what I worte here, I doubt all problems are the same but this fixed it for me

Comment

Bones, it doesn't solve here...

Comment

Just to add - the changing of the affinity values rocks a treat. Ive spent nearly six months (with a dual core Athlon) having to reboot my machine every 2 or 3 games. Tried this tonight - not only have I just played for 5 hours without a connection problem, but the game appears to run smoother as well.

Crappyday - you rock. Churz for the tip.

Comment

just tried it again worked about 5 mins fuk this fukin ea ****

Comment

this error occurs alot, turns out their are many cause's, i made an app to fix all the problems i was getting check it here.

http://bfgaming-league.co.uk/forums/...130&highlight=

Comment

I wrote an article on the various "Your connection to the server has been lost" issues with BF 2 and BF 2142. I cover most of the fixes, for those of you experiencing this issue.

Here's the article: http://www.grinn.net/blog/dev/2006/1...been-lost.html

Comment

Isnt it a connection issue with your cable?

Comment

Working...
                        X