Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Anymore updates on this?

I am also suffering from this problem, after each round I get disconnected from server and get the same: "There was an error reading from the server" message.

The network that I am on does infact use a sonicwall firewall, by the way.

Figured I would give this a bump.

Comment

bump

bumpidy

Comment

why not try using the in game multiplayer option, ive had no issues with this, but then again i dont use gamespy ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Boon59
                      why not try using the in game multiplayer option, ive had no issues with this, but then again i dont use gamespy ;-)

Well then, what do you use instead?

Comment

It doesn't matter what game browser you use (I use ASE (All Seeing Eye)).

EA is no help and has now said there is nothing they can do for me.

I switch between my Sonicwall and a 3COM gateway when I want to play. I will probable build a 2 pronged network where I can go out through the 3COM when I want to play and then be behind the Sonicwall when I am not.

Comment

OH HELL!

Sonicwall TELE3 user here and I have the same problem! BAH!

Damn Gamespy.

Comment

I already posted in the Planet Battlefield forums on this problem http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...id=1694192&p=4 . See #56 for my post.

No solution, but I did use ethereal to try and get more information. Perhaps others can do the same and we can find some pattern to this madness?

Ash

Comment

same thing! / workaround

Hi:
                              sonicwall tz170 here and same problem. I only have the SWall to run a tunnel.. so i gave up with useless tech support from ea and ended up configuring a linux box as a router with strongswan to run VPN and iptables and finally i was able to play without disconnects.. thought it might help as a workaround. fedora C4 and latest ver of strongswan, easy setup.. if you need help lmk.

Comment

Soho 3 here and same trouble. Not sure if it is really the Sonicwall causing this tho.

We allowed all Any 207.38.0.0 - 207.38.127.255 (WAN ) name: bf2web.gamespy.com( the gamespy block from earlier post ) and same problem.

Also, tried opening up the game machine's ip alltogether and same problem.

I'm no expert but if the account server is trying to talk to the game on a port that
                                was'nt initiated by the game, how would the firewall ( or switch for that matter ) know where to route the traffic?

Comment

Working...
                                X