No announcement yet.

"Old School" mode revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok... so they are like polar opposites...

I'm surprised to hear the amount of people wanting to play Hardcore, I would have expected more people supporting the TDM and other gametypes.

Comment

This sounds interesting to me as I like variety. Sure, I'll try Hardcore mode too, but the idea of throwing this in the mix sounds like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz View Post
        I'm surprised to hear the amount of people wanting to play Hardcore, I would have expected more people supporting the TDM and other gametypes.
        Just to be clear, Hardcore and TDM are not different gametypes. Hardcore is a set of realism rules you can apply to ANY gametype, including TDM, to alter the way it's played. Old School is a different set of rules.

Think of it this way:
        1) select gametype (FFA, TDM, S&D, Sabotage, Demolition, etc)
        2) select rules (normal, Old School, or Hardcore)
        3) start game

Comment

Gotcha... sounds cool..

so it's like a default "rule" - already customized

Comment

By the sound of it I don't like it, but I see why some people might.

Comment

I can only play DM, TDM or the "old school" in games like UT or Quake. In games with realistic settings it just feels and looks a bit off.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable View Post
                Sounds too much like Halo for my liking...
                Same.
                Originally posted by ArYeS
                It's new way in CoD...

But who gives a $h17 about this mode, hardcore FTW!
                Oh yeah! Swearing with symbols and numbers is cool! (sarcasm)

Comment

Sounds fun, but I will definitely be playing the other game modes more.

Comment

I dont care, give me a gun and start the server. Im ready to fire this puppy up!

Really Ill probably just be happy when COD4 gets released, if its as good as the Demo. Cant wait. . . . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz View Post
                      Ok... so they are like polar opposites...

HardCore will make the game very very Tatical imo people will think b4 doing something stupid otehrwise u wont help your team at all if your dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                        Hardcore Mode is basically a "realism" setting that you can apply over any of the existing gametypes (FFA, TDM, S&D, etc). Old School is a similar set of "rules" that you can choose to apply over the existing gametypes.

Hardcore Mode means: no HUD, no crosshair, no health regen, no killcam, higher bullet damage (and possibly a few more tweaks).
                        Sounds quite interesting specialy if you mix it up in to ultra realistic game.

Comment

it sounds like fun. i might try it when i become bored of normal game play (that wont be for a while)

Comment

Im much more excited about the hardcore mode.

Comment

I personally probably won't play Hardcore much. I like realism where not only the weapon damage and the HUD are changed, but sounds, effects, skins/models etc.

But I might play it a bit until someone (maybe me lol) makes a mod for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X