Game freezes and more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game freezes and more...

I need some kind of help out there so if u can help that would be great. My problem is that my game freezes and just stays like that until i shut down my comp and its getting stupid. This happened 3 times in 2 days. And my newest problem is that my comp restarted twice on me when I loaded 2142 those 2 times. Someone plz help.

Are you sure all your hardware is working properly? ie RAM, PSU?

When my machine instantly switched itself off during gameplay it was down to a faulty PSU. Memory issues may cause your machine to hang, try memtest as that will show if there is anything wrong with your ram.

The other thing could be a problem with drivers, particularly graphics drivers. What graphics card do you have & what drivers are you using?

Edit: what operating system are you using?

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Iv installed new drivers not long ago also. But so far my computer restarted it self three times when i started my game. Im worrying here.It only happened three times tho but thats enough to make me want to kick this computer out the door. Anyone else see how to fix this problem??

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Yea Im sure there is something wrong within the files or its the fact i might have too many problems running in the back round. I just need to find the problem and fix it but it seems no one has this problem. Just so you know my computer restarted it self when i started my game up.This happened 4 times so far.

Again it happened today i started my game up and the computer restarted its self but it didnt do it when i loaded it up again. So far i asked alot of people and no one seems to know what the source of this problem is.

Comment

The radial file always gets corrupted. I;ve deleted mine more than 6 times already. If nothing works try re-installing the game.

Comment

I am also experiencing freezing issues.
                    I couldn't even initialise / optimise or whatever the graphics settings at one point.

I have deleted that file from above, and the cache files from the sticky.
                    This got the game playing for 1 game, now it's happened again.

I have nothing overclocked, and had no troubles at all until last night (fri 2.11)

I'm close to reinstalling............then again maybe it's a sign for me to get rid of the POS programming that this game is. Don't get me wrong, for my game style the BF series is the perfect balance of gameplay.....just wish someone else would finally release a better game......
                    QW isn't for me, dont like the idea of everybody going into a bottle neck....

Well i've updated punkbuster and played a long game without a crash.

Maybe the program has been trying go update the files??????

Comment

Well reinstalled, and the game still freezes the computer totally.

Installed latest drivers etc, and I don't have any problems with other games.

I have an 8800GTS which is not overclocked.
                      However, there is a high pitch noise seemingly coming from my power supply.
                      Anyone think that could be the issue????

Also, where are the crash logs kept?
                      As it's locking up the computer there may not be any, but then again....................

Comment

Your comp seems to be taking it up the @ss more than mine. Ctrl Alt delete and see if you have any problems you dont want running in the back round. It seems to fix my crashes.

Comment

taking it up the ***?????

You tried playing gears of war on the pc????
                          Now that IS a game that's porked! Makes the BF series look well programmed!!!!!!!!!

Still not working. Have updated my sound drivers now as well.

Comment

Sounds like a PB conflict with another program running.

If it does in single player of if you start a local then it is a different issue.

Read my last post here:
                            Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                            X