Proposed Game - UK vs Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Game - UK vs Europe

I would like to think that the UK has some of the worlds finest 2142 players, and would like to put this to the test...

I am thinking of arranging a 15 vs 15 UK vs. Europe CampG game (3 rounds), at some point during November.

Would anybody here be interested? It would be good to see the Top15 in the UK all together in one team, pooning the finest that Europe has to offer...

Anybody interested?

It would be a case of the highest ranked interested players getting preference over lower ranked players.

I am after 20 players for each side (5 reserves).

Get posting if you're interested.

yeah il be up for that. il play medic for this one

Comment

wouldnt work, alot of high ranking players arent even good players and most good players play clanmod now and that goes for uk and europe so you'd have a mixed bag of good players and **** ones with high ranks so it wouldnot be a 'best of the best' at all

Comment

I'm far from the best Europe has to offer but I'm interested I'd be a reserve then lol

Why only Camp Gib though? It would be more fun with mixed maps...

Comment

I'm open to suggestion really - I agree on the point about the highest ranked not being the best - the best team/squad players is what we're after...

Comment

iMpAcT-2142

I am up for it and I know a few members from =MNKY= would be too

Comment

To be honest, if you took the best of the best from the UK and from Europe, Europe would absolutely destroy the UK Also, ranking is a really bad idea to base things on. Lets face it, if Apollofrenzy wanted to play, then he could, and UK would be screwed because there's no titan guns on camp gib.

Granted, europe would be screwed if Kain wanted to play... and if FF was off then you could rule out EPoX, jimmartin etc....

And to echo someone else, why camp gib? and why 3 rounds? Surely an even number would be better... equal opportunity to utilise both factions an equal number of times.

Whoever made the point about clanmod and rankings pretty much hit the nail on the head. It'd just be a 15v15 euro v UK match, not a cream of the crop example at all.

As it stands, I'm 12th in the UK, so technically by your rules I could essentially bag a place by default, but I know from first hand experience that put me up against redhammerz, who's also eligible to play and 4/5 times that I'd come up against him I'd get my nads handed to me. You'd have to find some better means of finding the UK's best aside from rankings tbh - and that's difficult to measure.

Finding the best players who work together in a squad well is also difficult. Individually, some players are outstanding but they could be less good squad players, and of course you could find some less good individual players who can take on nearly anybody when working together.

Comment

Germany vs Europe clanmod would be a tight game imo

Comment

To be honest, if you took the best of the best from the UK and from Europe, Europe would absolutely destroy the UK Also, ranking is a really bad idea to base things on. Lets face it, if Apollofrenzy wanted to play, then he could, and UK would be screwed because there's no titan guns on camp gib.
                  Wow you ACTUALLY stole the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                    iMpAcT-2142

I am up for it and I know a few members from =MNKY= would be too
                    no offence but mnky are hardly the cream of europe

Comment

Originally posted by hatebreed
                      no offence but mnky are hardly the cream of europe
                      ... that's because most of them are UK players in this context? :shock: :yay:

Now Germany Vs France in clanmod would be... well... disgusting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn
                        ... that's because most of them are UK players in this context? :shock: :yay:
                        what?

Comment

I'm interested in joining, so put me down please.

Comment

bassically i can see this being made up of mostly people from this forum

Comment

what?
                              You said mnky players aren't the cream of Europe, right? Well... I was under the impression that mnky were primarily a UK based clan... which given the context of this topic (despite the fact that UK is IN Europe), means that they are excluded from Europe, given a Europe VS UK scenario, thus rendering your statement irrelevant - even if accidentally true in this context (if indeed mnky are UK based).

Does this clarify? Page up if yes.

bassically i can see this being made up of mostly people from this forum
                              This wouldn't surprise me, being that the question was asked on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X