X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not that ub3r 1337 2 care lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
      Not really, that leads to stacked teams and a totally unbalanced playing environment... No fun if you ask me. You just have to learn how to be sneaky and stay on the team of your choice.
      Better than being switched, but I never get this problem so I don't care.

Comment

There are two settings

Autobalance and Smartbalance.

First one is obvious it will switch the first dead person to the other side if there is a two player difference or whatever threshhold the server admin sets.

Second one is more complicated. Some admins leave it off. The system updates every few seconds to check sides etc. It then looks for lone wolves who are dead. It tries to pick the lone wolf with the least amount of time first. That person generally gets swopped. If there are no lone wolves it will pick the player who is available at the time. i.e. the next one to die.

Admins can program in clan names of people that will get switched LAST not that they won't get switched at all like your own clan, mates and so on.

If you get the stuck in a squad bug the server will see you as a lone wolf.

Incidentally this setting is not a DICE or EA creation. Its generally a utility with whatever admin tools or Daemon the admins have installed to manage their server.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac
          How many times have you played a round that has been hard fought only to be bent over and handed a loss in the dying seconds of the game.
          Not more than 20-30 i'd say. And maybe about 10 of those at really critical moments. And of course you remeber the really annoying switches the best, but not the ones when you are switched to the winning side (i do remember that has happened to me too)

Personally i think it's a small price to pay for decent gameplay, since almost all of the non-autobalance servers i have played on end up having one really strong team, that sort of point farms on the poor players on the losing team. The stronger team stays full and strong because no-one wants to leave when winning, and the teams only get even if by incredible luck, if a bunch of really good player connect to the server nearly at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by LoociusVorenus2
            I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I've been switched to the other team when I've been the squad leader. This has actually happened several times when I've been squad leader and when I've been in a squad.

Getting switched is angering. I get angry when I get switched from a team that is losing to the team that is going to win (although this seems to happen much more rarely than going from the winner to the loser). When you start with a team you want to end with that team, win or lose. I agree, there has to be a better friggin way!
            I have to agree with you here, I hate switching to the winning team. I like to stick it out. I join more squads now but at the cost of me playing defensive and keeping people from getting behind the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by saurus
              I join more squads now but at the cost of me playing defensive and keeping people from getting behind the lines.
              Hate to bring the thread to a sidetrack, but this is somewhat underestimated generally Attacking is not always the best option. However, if you give a "defense" order, your average squad will often just spam the "what's next" option in the commo rose, until you give another order.

Comment

^^ Yeah you are right. Personally I don't mind sitting back at waiting but most dont.

Comment

In all my experience of playing 2142 I have been frustratingly switched a few times, but...

I think on the whole autobalance doesn't **** many games up at all. The biggest problem is playing on a clan server with nooby ****ing 13 year old admins who keep readjusting the teams every 30 seconds to either stack or 'balance'. I once played on a server (cannot recall the name ) where I was switched by an admin four times in map... get a life dickhead!!!!111

Comment

tats y i always make a squad so i dont get friggin switch at the end of a round

ps i hate how in 2142 snipers=no camo because maps are almost as barren as bf1942's

Comment

Working...
                    X