Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which video config = better performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which video config = better performance?

1024x768 2x AA

or

1280x960 No AA

1024*768 with 2x AA most likely

just try it

Comment

i did but i can't really tell the difference. i prefer the 1280x1024 because it's my 19" lcd's native res but most of the games i install these days auto config my video settings to 1024x768 and 800x600. i was wondering if there was a specific reason why it does that. plus, even if the larger resolution is a bit slower, it's sometimes worth it for the visuals which are way better (w/o AA) than the lower res + 2x AA.

Comment

I would have the higher rez over AA, my opinion. AA swallows up lots of GPU resources. The most accurate answer really depends of what your graphics card is and what memory interface the card has.

To get your monitors native rez add this to the target on your shortcut:

+fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +eaAccountName myaccountname +eaAccountPassword password +soldierName soldiername

It should read like this:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +eaAccountName Merlin +eaAccountPassword ********* +soldierName Merlin

I have left in the auto-login bit, disregard if you dont want that feature.

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Working...
              X