Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predictions for post 1.4 release gameplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for post 1.4 release gameplay?

Ok so what do you think that patch 1.4 is gonna change in the general gameplay?

For what it is worth here are my predictions:

- It will like there has been a winter clearout of shotguns as everybody and their dog will have a go with the new increased fire rate....well until they realise they ain't too good for sniping

-people will start to use the lmg's a bit more again to discover if they have returned to their previous very annoying 'close eyes - fire - keep firing- dont worry about aiming- get kill' incarnation.:cry:

- I reckon that the biggest impact will be in the titan game mode with the announcement that 2 gunships are gonna be available at one time for each team. I would think that if you get a team that has two good pilot/gunner combo's vs a team without then the round is over (silo wise). They will just dominate. Linked to this people will be scoring BIG points repairing titan guns which are easy prey for one gunship but with two on the go..it'll be red hot spanners all round:nod: (will people call for dual wield spanners in the next patch) This may also mean that there is more emphasis on ground defense for silos as you can no longer rely on the aerial cover of the titan guns (presuming that they will be out of commision a lot). I would imagine this would be great for the ground pounders, which even tho I like the titan guns (comfy seats, out of the rain wind etc), deserve a break as titan guns can really take over on the smaller titan maps.

So what do you think?

Originally posted by Undecided

- It will like there has been a winter clearout of shotguns as everybody and their dog will have a go with the new increased fire rate....well until they realise they ain't too good for sniping

-people will start to use the lmg's a bit more again to discover if they have returned to their previous very annoying 'close eyes - fire - keep firing- dont worry about aiming- get kill' incarnation.:cry:

- I reckon that the biggest impact will be in the titan game mode with the announcement that 2 gunships are gonna be available at one time for each team. I would think that if you get a team that has two good pilot/gunner combo's vs a team without then the round is over (silo wise). They will just dominate. Linked to this people will be scoring BIG points repairing titan guns which are easy prey for one gunship but with two on the go..it'll be red hot spanners all round:nod: (will people call for dual wield spanners in the next patch) This may also mean that there is more emphasis on ground defense for silos as you can no longer rely on the aerial cover of the titan guns (presuming that they will be out of commision a lot). I would imagine this would be great for the ground pounders, which even tho I like the titan guns (comfy seats, out of the rain wind etc), deserve a break as titan guns can really take over on the smaller titan maps.

So what do you think?
    I think I'll start getting more kills with my SAAW.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided

I'm figuring the Clark will definitely get a sudden and massive dose of love from players, and nearly just as suddenly, we'll start hearing how insanely unbalanced it is now because, you know, just look at how the kills with it have skyrocketed, blah blah blah.

In any case, I'm looking forward to it, incessant whiners be damned.

Comment

Its already insane with the SAAW now, I pleayed a couple of rounds a few days ago every shot I fired connected.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
          Its already insane with the SAAW now, I pleayed a couple of rounds a few days ago every shot I fired connected.
          Hmm... I was on a Suez map not too long ago and was unable to get a single kill with the SAAW after firing close to 2 dozen rockets.

Or I just suck with the SAAW.

Comment

Originally posted by Erhardt
            I'm figuring the Clark will definitely get a sudden and massive dose of love from players, and nearly just as suddenly, we'll start hearing how insanely unbalanced it is now because, you know, just look at how the kills with it have skyrocketed, blah blah blah.

In any case, I'm looking forward to it, incessant whiners be damned.
            I rarely see a herzog user even though it has the same rate of fire as the clark. Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle
              I rarely see a herzog user even though it has the same rate of fire as the clark. Think about it.
              Indeed, lets.

The only way to use the Herzog is to attach it to an assault rifle. That's a slot most guys are going to want to use for the rockets. The other slot, most guys are going to want to put the defib in. That's why you don't see the Herzog very much.

Plus, I'm not saying the Clark will be the new permanent rage, but let's be honest... everybody who's got it unlocked is going to give it some attention they otherwise wouldn't have, just to try it out for a while and get a feel for the changes. Even if it doesn't become everybody's new permanent favorite gun, we're still about to see a huge spike in it's usage, and thus a huge spike in it's victims, and finally thereby, a huge spike in people crying about the sky falling because quite obviously now the Clark is criminally unbalanced and unstoppable. :shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle
                Exactly what i was thinking. Ppl will never get off the assault riffles. They just keep beefing them up. In 1.40 it's the scar's turn

Comment

Well reguarding the gunship issues, i guess i will just have to pull out my SAAW and start practicing. I won't let those gunships have all the fun. Also I was thinking about giving the clark a try before i heard about it getting beefed up in this patch and will honestly probably only use it to try it out for a bit to see how i like it and to get my close combat pin.

Comment

i think they are adding gunships because most players at their current rate of play will be 118 years old before they get the air combat medal lol.

everything else will just cause new conditions that people will adapt too.

Comment

Whatever it is, you'd better like because I don't think it's ever going to change.

Comment

More shotty
                        More SCAR
                        More LMG
                        More dead pilots
                        More A-12s shooting through walls.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
                          i think they are adding gunships because most players at their current rate of play will be 118 years old before they get the air combat medal lol.
                          lmao:laugh: true...so true

Comment

less voss more clark im happy, lmgs really need to go back.

in close quaters maps nothing much will change except all the eu vossers will use the scar, pac will still use the krylov.

supports will get kills again because its a bit too hard now in comparison to other kits.

Comment

can't wait to fly the gunship more. maybe i'll get the gunship medal someday.

Comment

Working...
                              X