No announcement yet.

lsf squad server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to respond to this accusation if I may.
    what accusation is that?

Comment

Originally posted by [LSF] RiGG$
      Lo tuco m8,

I would like to assure you that the reason we are so good with the transport ship is that we (LSF) play as a team. We all select certain kits to aid us in keeping the transport alive. 2 to 3 enginers with saws, a medic and 1 or 2 two support guys. We have been doing this quite recently and to great effect. Plus there are radars for infantry and vehicles attached to ship to help us as well.

We at LSF like to have good wars on our server with the opposition and everybody is more than welcome to come and play on the server and give us a good fight

I hope this clears any concerns that you may have about us.

Regards

[LSF] RiGG$
      This isn't intended to be baiting or having a dig etc (I used to frequent your server a lot but that was a while back), just a plain query: what can you say about the side stacking?

It just seems to me that it doesn't set a good precedent for those visiting your servers if they're almost certainely going to get absolutely dominated by a team stacked with LSF members. I know it's important to play together as a clan (I mean, great, you can annihilate an entire side with a transport because you're an effective team, that's fine), but it's just as important to get a challenge out of it and play against each other (wheres the fun in having all the silos all the time, rushing the titan and winning the game within 5mins? - ESPECIALLY for the losing side?). I know I personally wouldn't stay on a server where I have 0% chance of getting a win out of it, where's the fun in near-certain defeat?

Not to say there's anything against it, because there isn't. I'm not even saying the sides are stacked all of the time, because there's bound to be occasions where that's not the case - but the larger portion of times I've checked the player list for LSF it has been the case (as you've seen, there are already posts supporting that), and it's put me off big time. I know you run a successful server and you're always going to attract enough people to kill because of the successful setup, but it just seems to me that it's a lot of hollow games being played that are far far too easy to win with.

But yeah, as I said, not having a dig, just trying to quiz you with a reasonable question - whilst you're here and registered that is . Just saying because I've been on other clan servers (inf-uk is a prime example) where their members more often than not are spread pretty much equally against each other, and provide a more balanced playground to massacre in.

Being good with the transport ship is sort of academic, provided you can keep it alive, the left side gun (given that the right side gun rarely if ever works) is a noob cannon with insane splash damage (granted, not quite as effective as the gunship anti-infantry cannon, but still...). It's not difficult to kill people from long range with it either. Baschans KD in that screen though is still a teeeeeeny bit ridiculous - when you think that two people teaming up with the SAAW could probably decimate the transport no problem.

Comment

I can see what you are saying, but
        1) This is our training, we need to get as much as we can
        2) We joined the clan cos we liked the people and playing with them is very fun
        3) More often than not, its LSF members who get our server going, so normally at the beginning you have 3-4 LSF members on the same side
        But now if you go to our server, you people are all saying i remember it be side stacked, but now we don't as much, just have a look one day, because we don't side stack at all.
        P.S just cos people in our clan doesn't mean we don't like stabbing them in the face! Another reason to why now, we ain't side stack

Originally posted by tuco
        anyone had any dealings in their server?
        they got some amazing players who can seem to kill you from anywhere on the map in a transport plane? i know the guns have a good zoom on them but its very shakey and unless its stationary its a hit and miss job. they just flew around the suez map killing every body on the map, i mean everybody, my saaw wouldnt even get a lock they were that far away.i asume they used aimbots? i play titan everyday and never seen anything like this.
        Big enough accusation?

Comment

Oh I understand the absolute necessity to stab all your clanmates, been there done that got many of thier dogtags multiple times :P But one or two things you've said there don't quite ring right.

You say it's your training - so that playing together all on one side is fine, but then you say you don't side stack at all. I'm not sure how that works both ways. Also, training on a public server doesn't quite ring right because the quality of the opposition is completely different (I have no problems getting good scores on a lot of pubbies, but take me to clanmod or a clanmatch against a competitive side and it's a different kettle of fish). Whilst your side will be utilising pre-conceived tactics, the opposite side will be in comparative disarray - you'll be lucky to even find a single cohesive squad, and that's general reality of most 2142 games unfortunately unless it's another clan involved. Wouldn't a better form of training be playing against yourselves considering you're more than capable opponents to yourselves? and playing against your own tactics is very beneficial - although that's an obvious point to make.

Also, I understand that when you join a clan, it's fun to play with those also in your clan, not to mention beneficial, but in terms of keeping a server going and ensuring the enjoyment of the other players on the field, it's sort of a selfish attitude (maybe they'd like some good players on their side so they don't face a torrent of LSF members bringing death upon them from all angles?). It still doesn't help the "we're constantly losing because this clan are marauding us" scenario.

In terms of starting up a server, in order to ensure that it does start and you don't get early drop outs, it makes sense to give both sides equal chances of getting a foothold in the game, so spreading your members across sides is sort of logical to me in that case. Having a game start with 4 LSF members on one side and 4 non-LSF on the other is more counter productive if the non-LSF'ers can't even get started, and teams can be switched around by admin at any points (AFAIK, I've no real experience with admin controls).

I acknowledge I haven't been on your servers for a while, so I'll check over the coming days just to see whether my points aren't relevant anymore (it doesn't matter much in the end, it's just my opinion and there's plenty of other servers out there if I don't like it) - but just saying it would be awesome if I could frequent LSF and get a good game without either
          a) facing certain death and loss
          b) being bored out of my skull waiting for the titan shields to go down because we have all the silos and the other team gets killed before their feet touch the ground after leaving the titan.

If I'm proven wrong, I'll post in your favour mate - I'm just going by past experience, and I'm appreciative that you're amicable in your response

Comment

true, but what im saying is, more often than not you nowadays, have 4 or more LSF members, and maybe 3 or moreish LSF members on the other team, so thats what i mean by training and we not side stacking also if you have erratic players, you can prepare yourself for anything really. Finally nowadays you will find alot of good non-LSF members on. Finally on your point about playing against yourselves, we at most have 10 people playing 2142(we are also a BF2/SF clan) so 5v5 doesnt work as well! lol but i can see your points and constructive criticism is very good, but saying we have aimbots cos we go around in a transport killing you we don't tolerate.

PS dont take my word for we have only 10 people max, thats the norm, and also we go on our server to admin aswell, cos if we are training then that cant happen lol

Comment

Lol, you don't need aimbots for the transport - as I said before, the gun on it is a noob cannon and is disgustingly efficient at decimating infantry from almost any range. I can appreciate that if people do say you cheat then it's somewhat infuriating (been on the receiving end myself, but I just see it as a backhanded compliment).

I see your points about erratic players although those tend to be lone-wolfers, and clan matches are more squad play orientated so there's usually less scope to compare with that. Also, even if you got a few really outstanding non-LSF players on, if they're not working as a team, they aren't gonna stop you at all :P It's quite heavily orientated round the quality of the squad play, which is why your clan do well.

When I say playing against yourselves, I don't necessarily mean exclusively (as in 5v5), just as in, 5 LSF on one side with lots of non-lsf and 5 LSF on the other in the same situation. Still squadding up so you get the playing together element, but you've got the extra added element of challenge because you're fighting against people who know your strengths, weaknesses and tactics - very productive in my view because you'll learn new counter tactics, and then counter counter tactics and so on.

Either way, like I said I'll go on your server and have a play around with you guys, see if you've proved me wrong, I'll gladly come back and post to say I've been pwned :P but cheers for answering my questions man

Comment

No worries mate glad i could clear our name for people who for some reason hate us

Comment

Is this the LSF - the Lancashire lot?

I've played off and on their server for quite some time and never had any real issues. Hard games yes, but tomfoolery no.

Comment

yeah it is mate

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn

When I say playing against yourselves, I don't necessarily mean exclusively (as in 5v5), just as in, 5 LSF on one side with lots of non-lsf and 5 LSF on the other in the same situation. Still squadding up so you get the playing together element, but you've got the extra added element of challenge because you're fighting against people who know your strengths, weaknesses and tactics - very productive in my view because you'll learn new counter tactics, and then counter counter tactics and so on.
                      It's not useful to us, it's our firm belief that how your team members play becoming second nature to you is the key to winning against all sorts of competition. You could throw the very best players in the world at us, on a hand to hand (or, gun to gun I suppose) fight, we are in for a pounding, yet, if you have another one watching your back, the skill level of the enemy becomes negligble. He becomes simply out gunned (quite fitting in this instance =]).

@ the OP :

It's always a compliment for someone to accuse you of hacking, however, trying to bring down the repuation of a clan is simply not on. If you have a problem with how the play goes on in our server, there are plenty other's, and, myself and any other admin (and indeed any of the members) would much rather you left of your own accord than interupt our game to get rid of whiny kids :/.

Lastly, it is not exactly, impossible to bring us lot down in that (bar ramming, which, is mentioned in the rules ladies ), have a try at it, its hilarious trust me lol

Martyn

Comment

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by tuco
                        anyone had any dealings in their server?
                        they got some amazing players who can seem to kill you from anywhere on the map in a transport plane? i know the guns have a good zoom on them but its very shakey and unless its stationary its a hit and miss job. they just flew around the suez map killing every body on the map, i mean everybody, my saaw wouldnt even get a lock they were that far away.i asume they used aimbots? i play titan everyday and never seen anything like this.

Big enough accusation?
                        see that char ? that one yes ? what does it mean?
                        did i say he uses an aimbot? no
                        did i say i think he uses an aimbot?
                        no i asked a question.

and to the other not so bright spark who called me a coward for not speaking to you all direct, well i was, then i got booted from ur server mid way through.

anyway did you ever beat vets??

Comment

Originally posted by tuco
                          see that char ? that one yes ? what does it mean?
                          did i say he uses an aimbot? no
                          did i say i think he uses an aimbot?
                          no i asked a question.
                          Yes you did, you said u 'assume' therefore you 'think' that is what is going on :/. Or am I the only one that see's this?

Martyn

Comment

I would take on every member of LSF clan single handedly and win! They suck! I mean, I DO play for LSF and am an admin for the clan...but still....hehe.

Nah im only joking, first of all I would like to re-iterate what others have said about cheats and hackers...we remove them from the clan straight away if caught and give them a permanent ban from all our servers. (2142, BF2).

Secondly, about the team stacking, personally I prefer to play against other members of LSF as it helps improve my own playing skills, plus it makes the game more interesting...as you said Lolyn, complete rapeage of the opposition is boring. Capping out a team 300 - 0 looks good, but doesnt mean it was any fun having no real challenge. If I am on a team that has too many players then I tend to switch to the other team to even it out a bit, even if it does mean leaving LSF members on the other side.

It does however, feel really annoying when your on a team of complete retards, where you start up a squad with a number of public players, yet they decide to run off not following orders and end up dying every 5 seconds. Thats when I tend to switch to the side with most LSF members coz the other team deserves to be annihilated....

Comment

Originally posted by danny_b1988

It does however, feel really annoying when your on a team of complete retards, where you start up a squad with a number of public players, yet they decide to run off not following orders and end up dying every 5 seconds. Thats when I tend to switch to the side with most LSF members coz the other team deserves to be annihilated....
                              good point well said, and I entirely empathise with that. Nobody likes a certain loss either from the angle of your own teams ineptitude or from the other teams dominance, so I can sympathise with that entirely. The best solution to that is to get more than just yourself to go and help out the team so you've got a mini-squad of LSF trying to push your poor team to a better chance of winning, but I can understand that's still a challenge.

To general_death - I think you missed what I was trying to get at. I see your point about having one team member covering your back greatly enhances your chances of group survival, but that is completely out of context in a clan match where you're unlikely to come across lone wolfs. What if you met say for example, the LBS clan, and it was you and danny vs redhammerz and triggy in a mini skirmish somewhere on the map. Hammerz takes out danny, you take out hammerz, fine, he can't outgun both of you in this instance (although it wouldn't surprise me if he could :shock, but hammerz also has a teammate in triggy who's there to mop you up the second hammerz falls.

What I'm saying is, you can still work with your teammates to get to know them to the point of being second nature - that I entirely agree with, but isn't the best practice for that in terms of preparation for a clan match playing against another squad aiming to achieve the same goal? You won't get that sort of practice in a side-stacked scenario because people rarely play as organised squads on public servers. Hence I couldn't see it as a useless exercise to squad up against each other

Tuco : I think you need to be more careful with your wording. "I assume" is making a statement, not the beginning of a question, and without the benefit of vocal inflections it's not exactly the best way of putting it in writing, so you should be able to understand where they're coming from.

Comment

The New Oxford Dictionary of English which is based on recent usage evidence, provides these definitions: assume suppose to be the case, without proof.
                                presume suppose that something is the case on the basis of probability; take for granted that something exists or is the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X