Is this another hacker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this another hacker?

This evening, killed this guy who was standing out a mile away because it appears he was suspended from the ground. After I shot him, his corpse just hovered. It's interesting that there is no gun.

I heard this is a symptom of a hack, but that might just be paranoid chatter. A short while after this they disconnected from the server.

The reason I blanked the name out is because it could start a flame war. When I saw their clan tag I couldn't help laughing at the irony :laugh: Of course, it could be innocent

Lag and a bad spawn? I've seen some guy floating in the middle of the titan hanger, his score wasn't like a hundred kills zero deaths, looked innocent to me.

Comment

It's caused by lag.

Comment

Sometimes when they get a "you lost connection" they stay like that

Comment

In another thread the guy hovering with no gun was actually killing people. Was this player seemingly active? If so then hack sounds right. If not slow disconnection sound about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
            In another thread the guy hovering with no gun was actually killing people. Was this player seemingly active? If so then hack sounds right. If not slow disconnection sound about right.
            I honestly couldn't say. I just popped round the corner and immediately saw him floating... took aim and plinked him straight in the head.

I checked his stats, nothing particularly special to give away any hacks. However I went to the clan's website and verified he is a member. Also this clan is very competitive, has had hackers in before, members like to pad and lie about it too which is probably what made me over-suspicious :nod:

BTW - 'WHAT IS PODSURFING?????????????????????????' lol :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Myxx View Post
              *Snip*
              BTW - 'WHAT IS PODSURFING?????????????????????????' lol :laugh:
              My bad... :cry:

Comment

Your help is admirable. I think he was making a joke

Comment

Indeed I was. It's strange how humour sometimes loses itself over the internet

Comment

I actually tought that there still is someone out there who doesn't know what pod surf/wiggle is...

I guess i was wrong... :|:

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313
                      I actually tought that there still is someone out there who doesn't know what pod surf/wiggle is...
                      Trust me, there still is

I can still remember that active member with hundreds of posts on TotalBF2 forums, who about a year after the release of the game, started a thread about a guy he suspected of hacking... Turned out the poster just didn't know about the "smoke screen" countermeasure function of the APC "it had just spawned and was unharmed, then it just started to smoke like it was about to explode"

Comment

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
                        Trust me, there still is

I can still remember that active member with hundreds of posts on TotalBF2 forums, who about a year after the release of the game, started a thread about a guy he suspected of hacking... Turned out the poster just didn't know about the "smoke screen" countermeasure function of the APC "it had just spawned and was unharmed, then it just started to smoke like it was about to explode"
                        Rofl....

That gives tiny bit of hope...

Comment

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
                          That brings back some good laughs about the "magic" smoke from the tank.:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                          X