Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simon Moon banned for hacking.... AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simon Moon banned for hacking.... AGAIN!

Will he learn? I just saw these new screens, not sure if anyone made a thread over here about it. For those who don't know who simon moon is. Think FeverGaming. Him over there is pretty much spawn over here.

PBBans, Hub, PBBans Hub, Live bans, stream, streaming, pbucon, MBI, Master Ban Index, MCI, Master Config Index, MSI, Master Stream Index, MPI, Master Player Index, PunkBuster, Punk Buster, Even Balance, EvenBalance, anti cheat, anticheat, anti-cheat, GUID, GUIDs cod, cod4, sof2, rtcw, q3, aa3, aapg, bf2, bf3, bf4, bf2142, ro2, Enemy Territory, America's Army, Return, Castle, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield Vietnam, Red Orchestra 2, Rising Storm

uhm after several punkbustings, why is he allowed to keep playing? i just don't get it. i thought they get a global ban??

Comment

There are ways to circumnavigate global bans.

Comment

You know, I always see stuff about global bans, and guid bans, I gotta dispell that. That stuff is a myth. Sure gamemakers want to keep people from cheating, but more importantly they want to keep people buying games.

It's far more important to have a customer for life, than someone who can never buy your games again (or refuses to)

Every player I've ever seen who was rumored to have been global banned, or GUID Banned, always comes back less than a week later having no knowledge of being banned at all, just a simple stat reset.

Comment

You don't get a global ban for using hacks. The worst you will get is a 2 minute kick. You only get a global ban if you hack PB itself. Hack the game all you want but mess with their software and you're in a world of hurt.

But there is a way to enforce a 2 minute kick so it is permanent, and that is to join a AutoMBL enabled server. When a person gets a 2 minute PB kick for using an aimbot, wallhack, gamehack or driverhack, they are added to the the MBL and that person will not be able to play on any server that streams the AutoMBL. (These bans do not apply to admin kicks.)

I have no idea why all servers don't stream the AutoMBL

Comment

Originally posted by Crazycanuck
            You don't get a global ban for using hacks. The worst you will get is a 2 minute kick. You only get a global ban if you hack PB itself. Hack the game all you want but mess with their software and you're in a world of hurt.

But there is a way to enforce a 2 minute kick so it is permanent, and that is to join a AutoMBL enabled server. When a person gets a 2 minute PB kick for using an aimbot, wallhack, gamehack or driverhack, they are added to the the MBL and that person will not be able to play on any server that streams the AutoMBL. (These bans do not apply to admin kicks.)

I have no idea why all servers don't stream the AutoMBL
            They should do AutoMBL. It works great. Yes, even its not perfect, but when you get the entire community together like that, it takes away the say from the game manufacturers.

The manufacturers can have their money, we (the community) say if a cheat comes back.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

This was the one that was caught a while ago, not a new one

Comment

Originally posted by AutoFodder
                Nuh uh. The one caught a while ago is where he was in a transport and he only had red nametags.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoFodder
                  June 16, 2007 at 12:20:02 pm. Pretty recent I say.

Comment

excuse me, but am i the only one who thinks 2 minute bans for hacking the game is worthless? i mean with all the SH1T we have to put up with PB while playing BF, i expect there to be harsher enforcement than a mere 2 minute ban. PB is damn worthless if this is true. it causes a world of problems for many people and a cause for much of the instability of this game, its pathetic how light the punishment is for getting punkbusted.

a well known person of the BF2142 community gets caught over and over again hacking, and he's allowed to keep playing (cheating). it is obvious he will hack again, but it's not enough for them to ban him from the game? what does this say about EA/DICE keeping the game clean and fair? this is really sad... it's almost pointless to get caught anymore. i don't think simon even cares if he gets caught again because he keeps hacking and coming back, probably because there's no repurcussions for cheating.

Comment

This is what he had to say to me about posting about the same thing over at Fever Gaming

If you start dredging up **** like that again, I will personally ban you. Nobody forces you to stay here. If you think I am a bad hacker and you can't stay here, then leave, but for one don't post about it anymore and second, stop flame baiting in the game forums. Calling people assholes does not help any issue, ever. Reminding them to keep it on the more friendly side would do the trick a lot better. Or reporting the post would be the even better choice.

My rules, but it's your decision if you follow them or not.

Comment

Meh. I talked to him today, and got a more full story. I left FG for a bit after I found out he was hacking, but came back (cause I love the place ) BTW, calling me an ******* is your personal opinion. I will admit that we could be a bit nicer or whatever, but hey, if you don't like us then don't post with us

More full story: Ever heard of a guy named Gyno? Of course you have. You all also know that no matter what PB does, they can't get rid of this guy. In January, he used his l33t name hacks to steal Simon's name and hacked (like he always does). PB caught him, and initiated a Global Ban against the NAME Simon Moon. Gyno has CLAIMED responsibility for this as well.

Thats the story for his first "offense". For the second one, he is GUILTY. He wanted to see if he could clear his name, but he was EXTREMELY clumsy. Instead of looking for an unranked server, he just joined the first server that had admins on. He asked them to take a PB SS, and they did. Badd-bing badda bang. He is completely at fault for his clumsiness, but note that this was done AFTER he had quit 2142. Take a look at his server history.

Obviously EA does not find him guilty. The reason that he is not MBL banned from every server is because it was GYNO's GUID+PID that was banned, NOT the real Simon Moon. The second one was never taken into effect, because Simon had already explained to the admins what he was doing. The reason it got posted on the internet is because some fool was browsing that clan's PB SSs and decided that it would make a really funny story.

Thats my take on this matter. I used to be in this same wagon, but all the evidence that I have gathered (including GYNO's post) and after talking to Simon himself this afternoon, I have shifted my view.

-Fin

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          excuse me, but am i the only one who thinks 2 minute bans for hacking the game is worthless? i mean with all the SH1T we have to put up with PB while playing BF, i expect there to be harsher enforcement than a mere 2 minute ban. PB is damn worthless if this is true. it causes a world of problems for many people and a cause for much of the instability of this game, its pathetic how light the punishment is for getting punkbusted.
                          Exactly!
                          I have a old crt monitor so it's fairly dark. Unfortunately I can't use my video card's control centre or powerstrip to brighten the screen because while playing pb freezes my computer when scanning either of these programs.

I go through so much trouble with pb and I still see hackers playing in the server. Why even use the bloody thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                            Thats the story for his first "offense". For the second one, he is GUILTY. He wanted to see if he could clear his name, but he was EXTREMELY clumsy. Instead of looking for an unranked server, he just joined the first server that had admins on. He asked them to take a PB SS, and they did. Badd-bing badda bang. He is completely at fault for his clumsiness, but note that this was done AFTER he had quit 2142. Take a look at his server history.
                            excuse me, but a person trying to clear his name goes on a server using hacks? wtf are you saying? you just told us he actually has hacks on his computer and has evidently used them in an actual game. basically you confirmed to us that he is guilty of running hacks on his PC. that's enough to declare him guilty in my eyes.

what you said makes no sense. you say, because he wanted to clear his name, he went on a server using a hack and asked them to take a SS. why in the world would he do that? how would that clear his name?

Comment

Before the hackers responsable admitted to it, he wanted to see if it was possible that the shot was photoshopped. So, he decided to compare a real PB SS of a hack to the one that was submitted. He found out that it wasn't photoshopped, and shortly after the second SS was submitted to PB and GYNO admitted to doing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X