Name Hacks or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Hacks or not?

As sogek1ing mentioned in another thread, he said that the supreme commander's name shows up as another name when playing in a round.

I also noticed a while back that some of my buddies names are slightly different in the game, to that on the buddy list or leaderboard...

Is this some sort of hack then?

I have a different name on ppls buddy list. The name of the soldier should be the same name as it shows in the round score board.

from what i hear my name is different because of gamespy. I don't know how to get rid of it, i checked my name in gamespy yet it's the same as before. Anyone know how to fix it? I don't even remember linking gamespy with 2142

Comment

Not in every case. I had an official answer from EA on the subject.

Players that initially joined the BF2142 game through gamespy or regisistered with Gamespy after they installed but before they created a soldier sometimes get their Gamespy name showing in their buddy lists or as whispered name.

Two ways to tell if there is an issue. The whispered name will not have any stats at all. If it does its more likely to be a hack. The reverse of the no kick with a hacked name applies. You cannot kick or ban the whispered name. Only the in game name.

More EA **** ups.

Response (Alex I.)10/19/2007 01:33 PMGreetings,
      Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

It is an issue that appears with the Gamespy Comrade program and Battlefield 2142. We have no way of correcting it. If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or visit our extensive knowledge base online at http://support.ea.com.
      Thank you,
      Alex I.
      EA Online Support

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy

Response (Alex I.)10/19/2007 01:33 PMGreetings,
        Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

It is an issue that appears with the Gamespy Comrade program and Battlefield 2142. We have no way of correcting it. If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or visit our extensive knowledge base online at http://support.ea.com.
        Thank you,
        Alex I.
        EA Online Support
        translates into

ta for contacting Ea

it is an issue that we cant be bothered to deal with as money is niether gained or lost through this occuring if anything money is gained, and if we could correct it we would rather use the time correcting it to put a advert on the walker, if you have anymore concerns please contact a dead mouse as to be fair it will be more use than ea customer services ever will.

thank you some guy at ea with loadsa money loadsa money

Comment

LOL well as you see from another thread I started I had a question from someone that was banned. I am amazed. Truly that in the year and a bit the game sbeen running no one has found this out before.

Truly weird. I feel sorry for all the poor soldiers that have been banned as a result of this and don't know why.

Comment

There is also the possibilty now that sly cheaters will take advantage of this by connecting through Gamespy AND namehacking, so they can use the Gamespy excuse

Comment

I dont see how it will help them. Their stats and kick name will still be their in game name.

Mosy hacks have a different kick/ban name to their ingame name.

Comment

Working...
              X