Connectivity Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connectivity Issue

I have a weird issue... I've been playing 2142 for months only to have to reformat and have it not work properly. I can play single player perfectly with around 70 fps, but the moment I open the server list everything goes down hill. The list takes over a minute to generate, with only a handful of servers, and every server I join I get 120+ ms ping, and only 10-15 fps, no matter the size nor type of server I join. I've updated all my drivers, forwarded ports through the router, disabled Norton AntiVirus, reinstalled twice (Yes, I patched to 1.25), manually updated punkbuster, setting single core affinity, tried direct connection to modem (no router) and nothing thus far has had any effect.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ 2.2 ghz (With Microsoft hotfix and AMD dual core optimizer)
    2 gig DDR2 RAM
    250 gig Hard Drive
    Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
    ISP - Mediacom - http://www.speedtest.net/result/194236670.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is a way to se if it is an internet problem or a 2142 problem.

Note one of the ip's of a server you are trying to connect to, leave the game and open dos promt in accessories. Type ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx is the ip of the server) if you get the same ping as you do ingame than you know it is not a 2142 problem.

This isnt a solution but it may help you narrow down the problem.

One final question, how long has this been happening? You say you have reinstalled a couple of times, was this all in one day of over a longer period of time?

Comment

This has been happening for over a month now. In-game ping was 126ms versus 45ms through command prompt.

Comment

Working...
      X