No-fog hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-fog hacks

So does removing the fog actually affect performance or is it just there for gameplay reasons? And would there be any "legal" way to try a hack offline? Applying it to a backup of a mod folder or the entire BF2142 folder? Just curious, don't want to get PB'd (punkbuster already hates me enough :cry, don't even want to d/l a hack for fear of viruses, etc.

Fog hacks make performance worse... essentially making your view distance infinity so your computer has to draw every thing on the map at all times.

It's there to be able to see and shoot at anyone on the map.

Comment

Ban GUID BAN Disgraced. banned. Humiliated. banned. hated.

Nuff said

Comment

Stupid BF engine and its low draw distances. Hopefully BF3 will have higher max draw distances.

Also how is ArmA? Isn't the draw distance in that game like 10km or something?

Comment

part of the problem is with far distances are:

1) snipers become overpowered and half the team picks them and...

2) people would keep complaining that they were shooting people but none of their bullets hit because they forgot about bullet drop, and

3) some computers would implode with max view distance and EA as publishers want the biggest fan base. So if it means one customer with a super computer turning away because of crappy distance they would gain 50 more because of the limited distance not killing their older computers.

Comment

If you really want to play with no fog I'd recommend editing the level (backup first or use another mod). Go into the level folder you want, open server.zip

Open init.con and increase
            GameLogic.MaximumLevelViewDistance

Open sky.con and increase the second value of
            Renderer.fogStartEndAndBase

Also just to note that high view distances are possible, has anyone played Mos Espa for First Strike. There's a tower near Jabba's Palace that you can climb up to and see the entire city below you.

Comment

this has got to be what everyone was doing....

at first i thought maybe have better gfx would let you see farther or something cause on the smaller city maps like camp g and tunis harbor i am getting sniped from unbelivable distance's and i know having the zoom on a sniper rifle can let you see a tad further but....

ok here a prime example im on a camp g server on the PAC side and were going for the toll station contorl point where alot of the action heats up on most camp g servers and when i climb on to the top of the walls around the toll station there's people in the towers that are sniping away and most of the time i cant do **** because i cant see them at all.....

like is everyone using fog hacks or something?

Comment

Working...
              X