Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quemical
    I would but my ping would be higher than my cholesterol. :laugh:

I'll definetly checkout those servers skates. I just hope ppl don't start kick votes against me for clarking them over and over again. Tends to always happen when i play on smaller servers.

What does it mean when servers say friendly fire is at 80%?
    Hm are you sure? I think Wastedandwounded is from America he visits our server sometimes with good ping if I remember correctly
    Btw the server climbed to Game Rank 10 :banana:!

Oh, and let me elaborate. Our server has 60% FF off, I think. I tested that if I throw down one RDX and blow it up right in front of my feet I lose about 60HP.

And yes Quemical, they can. It sucks really when a person intentionally TKes you then writes "lolololol n00b" and you can't punish him.

Comment

no balla i'm uk.

Comment

Our server is FF ON and punishing is on as well as voting.

Server is in the States busiest at nights.

I think it gets turned off for two reasons

1. People dont like the punish because others wont get out of the way. (ie, Titan Corre)
        2. Semi easy killing spree. Pray and spray without the pray. Throw down an RDX in a crowd of mates and no worries.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'll definetly checkout those servers skates. I just hope ppl don't start kick votes against me for clarking them over and over again. Tends to always happen when i play on smaller servers.
          Clark whore all you want. I've got a couple clanmates that love that gun too. If people get stupid with the kick votes one of the admins will usually warn them not to start votes for no reason and if they won't stop they get kicked. I can't stand morons with their constant kick votes. We have admins on some during the day and almost always have a few on from late afternoon till early morning, one of them is in Australia.

What does it mean when servers say friendly fire is at 80%?
          That means that FF only does 80% of the damage it normally would. We used to run our servers at that as it cut down on accidental TK's and still kept the RDX spammers at bay. The only problem is that anything less than 100% FF and it lists your server as FF=Off so people who are searching the advanced tab with FF=On checked will never see you server. That is why we put it back to 100%

Can servers have FF on but eliminate punishes?

I've seen FF off servers that don't allow you to punish if you get TKed.
          Yes, it is a server setting. We leave it on because it is the only way to get rid of some morons that TK intentionally if there isn't an admin on. Drops their score and they either get auto-kicked for negative score or get kicked when they hit 5 punished TK's.

Comment

Originally posted by BallaAce
            Hm are you sure? I think Wastedandwounded is from America he visits our server sometimes with good ping if I remember correctly
            Btw the server climbed to Game Rank 10 :banana:!
            My ping is 200 in the server,

And thanks for all the info skates

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
              The only problem is that anything less than 100% FF and it lists your server as FF=Off so people who are searching the advanced tab with FF=On checked will never see you server. That is why we put it back to 100%
              That's true. We've stated in the welcome message that FF is set to 25% so that might help offset it a bit and get people who would see that and otherwise leave to stay instead.

Doesn't seem to be too big a hurdle to me, though. The biggest problem we've seen so far is getting enough players on to reach that critical mass for the round to start. Not a problem on Wednesdays when we're there and people see the server in their browser and it's populated just enough to start a round if they join or maybe it's just started. Rest of the week so far is non-existant, though, LOL. But... it's a new server and we haven't promoted it much just yet.

Comment

Clan servers basically turn FF off so that their members can run around dropping RDX either manually or with speed hacks and detonating them on their person so that they dont die! Its noobish beyond belief!

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
                  Yes, it is a server setting. We leave it on because it is the only way to get rid of some morons that TK intentionally if there isn't an admin on. Drops their score and they either get auto-kicked for negative score or get kicked when they hit 5 punished TK's.
                  Well that explains why the person shooting me in the face with a pilum finally got kicked

And I would rather play on an FF=On server just because I am really starting to get sick of those RDX spammers, I get killed at least 4 or 5 times per match because of them alone. Unfortunately it seems like I tend to play on FF=Off servers since I just hurry and hop on so I can play. I'll have to check out some of these servers later so I can finally find a couple of good servers to play on.

Comment

The negative score kick and the kick for TK's is something that is set by each server. If they turn it on, then they can set it for how far negative the score must be to be kicked and how many TK's a person has to be punished for for them to be kicked. Ours are set so that either a score of -15 or 5 punished TK's and you get kicked by the auto admin. Some servers are set higher and some lower, just depends.

Comment

Working...
                    X