Friendly Fire off servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly Fire off servers

What the heck is going on, it feels like the majority of servers have switched to friendly fire off. The only time i don't mind FF off is in titan mode, it gets rid off *******es getting blown up at the core because they refuse to get behind the protective cover, and even when you are behind it, you get damage sometimes.

I'm having a hard time finding good server with FF on. My favorites are Armory and Sux2BU. I can't seem to find other 48 man city map servers with FF on. Or even 24?7 servers with FF on. I use to play Devastation servers but lately they are either offline or empty.

If i want to play a 24/7 gibraltar or cerbera, i have to go in the FF off ones. And of course they are full of RDX lamers that are just hoping and getting on roofs. These servers always have something like "No RDX abuse" But never enforce it. The real way to eliminate that is just turning on FF.

So why are so many servers catering to n00bs that can't stop killing their teamates? Yes, it's ridiculous and annoying being TKed 3 or 4 times in a round by a bunch of Gomer Piles, but the solution is not turning off FF.

Opinions and recommendations are welcome.

I can't stand FF off, it's the definition of no skill. Anybody can go around throwing rdx and grenades detonating them to get massive kills. I honestly shocks me when watching game chat to see the amount of people shocked to see we run FF on.

Comment

To me the only time, besides Titans, FF off had use was when friendly trigger used to be an option....meaning, you could die passing in front of a friendly APM, or driving past friendly motion mines. Now that that's been completely disabled, I don't see much use for it.

Comment

I remember playing in titan servers that had FF on for friendly APMs. It was a punish festival. In theory it sounds like it would be cool to just have Guns in the titans, but you always get those players that don't know that is turned on and it's a never ending cycle

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember those servers too. Or non-Titan, infantry maps where you know a good sniping spot. You place APMs nearby, or around a ladder or stairs, to ward off enemies, only to have a teammate come up and get killed by it, then punish you for it.

On the other side, I hate killing a teammate. I always feel guilty even if there was nothing I could do to stop it. So I always enjoy a decent FF on server cause I've learned to pull my punches when necessary to prevent killing a teammate.
          Maybe you could edit the OP and list good FF on servers you've played in.

Comment

Well our 64-man clan server has FF on so no RDXers there It's 24/7 Camp G, check it out if ya want:

Comment

All our servers are FF=On, located out of LA and have Battle Recorder up and running. They are only 32 man but if/when 1.40 comes out we will switch our Suez to a 48 man Highway Tampa server.

Comment

I've been going to MIA's servers because they have a 32 man Pro Shop Gibraltar with ff=on but sometimes it can be hard to find an admin on that server for pod surfurs. The rest of MIA's servers have ff=off but they'll kick people who just spam rdx.

Overall though I think its sad that there's not too many ff=on servers that have been well admined or populated but then again its been a while since I've really looked for new servers to play on.

Comment

We have a 24/7 Camp G server where FF=On and 32 ppl: 81.19.208.58:16567.
                  It's located in UK though.

Imo, FF=Off servers shouldn't be allowed to be ranked

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                    I remember playing in titan servers that had FF on for friendly APMs. It was a punish festival. In theory it sounds like it would be cool to just have Guns in the titans, but you always get those players that don't know that is turned on and it's a never ending cycle

That was hardcoded out in one of the patch updates.

Comment

Well at least 50% would be nice, you guys are right it makes ya think when friendly fire is on. Cant be an rdx whore or apm spammer great post.

Comment

Originally posted by BallaAce
                        Well our 64-man clan server has FF on so no RDXers there It's 24/7 Camp G, check it out if ya want:

I would but my ping would be higher than my cholesterol. :laugh:

I'll definetly checkout those servers skates. I just hope ppl don't start kick votes against me for clarking them over and over again. Tends to always happen when i play on smaller servers.

What does it mean when servers say friendly fire is at 80%?

Comment

Originally posted by BallaAce

good server skilled clan.

Comment

We've got our server set to 25% Friendly fire. I figured it was the best compromise we could make to balance out a desire for Friendly fire, control Intentionally TKing assholes, and insure cheap-shot, nitwit RDX bunnies get a taste of their own medicine.

Comment

Can servers have FF on but eliminate punishes?

I've seen FF off servers that don't allow you to punish if you get TKed.

Comment

Working...
                              X