my little sob story >.<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my little sob story >.<

So, I got battlefield off the EADM, and it installed and oh, look first error. M5P0(something like that)mods/battlefield2142/sound_client.zip

Pressed yes once, gave me the same thing, pressed no, went on and installed

tryed to start game, it started telling me that there was a patch, so i went back to the EADM and downloaded the patch. Started the patch, did its little thing, and failed. Tryed to start the game, it started and one I clicked multiplayer it CTD. Did the patch another 5 times until it finnaly worked, tryed joining a server, and when i clicked join game, "This server doesnt support modified content, please revert back to the original game.

Tryed uninstalling it, downloaded the 1.40 patch, had to do that about 3 times before it actually worked, and still the same modifed content error.

Could someone please help me make it work =(

You want patch 1.25, that is the current build. 1.40 is in it's second BETA phase, and not many servers are running it.

What are your specs?

Comment

This is what the control panel give me

Mircosoft Windows XP
      Professional
      Version 2002
      Service Pack 2

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
      e6750@2.66GHz
      2.67 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

This is what the control panel gives me

Mircosoft Windows XP
      Professional
      Version 2002
      Service Pack 2

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
      e6750@2.66GHz
      2.67 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

Comment

When you re-installed, did it give you the same error? You could have recieved a corrupted download (packet loss?), so you may want to try downloading the game again. Also, did you get /northern Strike as well? If you did, there are steps to install that as I read on these forums.

Comment

no i dont have NS, and yes, it gives me the same error. I have a friend that also has bf2142, could i get the file from him?

Comment

Yes, you can get the file from a friend. The "key" you need to play it is tied to your EADM account so it has to be running to play the game.

Comment

yeah it is running, and i'll try it, thanks =D

Comment

Let us know how it goes; good luck. :salute:

Comment

It works =D I got my friend to send me the file and now it works (almost) perfectly

Comment

Glad you got it working. See you on the Battlefield! :salute:

Comment

Working...
                    X