The ground is bright in spite of adaptation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ground is bright in spite of adaptation

I have a small Probelm again I wanted to do a night Map, also goes in such a way, but the ground remains brightly I have already adapted the terrain Sun-and Sky-Color, however, the ground remains bright still and Lightmaps I cannot generate because this then does not go any more what I before has that he should load sky settings from respective gamemodus, go it acts still, however, then I have to do because of the new Lightmaps a new one plays cards do I already has. :cry:

Attack44

huh??

Comment

The ground should be darker much, I have it in the editor so the ground puts this should be darker, in the editor he indicates me this, but in the play the ground, nevertheless, is still bright.

Attack44

Comment

you have to make shadow maps (this can be doen in photshop) and make the ground hemi darker (also can be done in phoshop)

Comment

and what if you dont got photoshop?

Comment

gimp is free. you will need a .raw converter and a .dds converter too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jey
              you have to make shadow maps (this can be doen in photshop) and make the ground hemi darker (also can be done in phoshop)
              I have already made "ground Hemi" darker, has not changed a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Attack44
                I have already made "ground Hemi" darker, has not changed a lot
                right go into the editor. open up your sky setting. now go throught he colour changing them do a dark blue, there is a specific ne for terrain, i cant remember what its called, im at work so i cant check either. Also have you checked "is night map"?

you need to do the other things i said if you want to be able to play without players apearing full bright..

Comment

Checking is night map doesn't affect the map's internal settings. Its only use is for BF2 Special Forces. When you check that and you're making a map for it, it'll tell the game to include Nightvision goggles in your inventory.

Comment

not entirely true soduka but i can be bothered to go into to details here. Instead i will tell you why pretty much every other mod has scrapped night maps. that is : low settings. Because of this ****ty flaw in Dices design if you play a night map on low light settings everyone will apear fully bright on a dark background.

so i wouldnt go any darker then that map in Northern Strike. Btw your either gonna have to manually edit all your lightmaps in photoshop or rerender the lightmaps yourself. but now that you know what i just said is it really worth it? sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Comment

Hmmm wasn't there a DoD map that was completely dark but all you had to do to get rid of it was turn dynamic lighting off? :shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                        Hmmm wasn't there a DoD map that was completely dark but all you had to do to get rid of it was turn dynamic lighting off? :shakehead:
                        its just the way the battlfield engine works. Its a POS that really needs replacing.

Comment

i found a way easier method to create those dds files now. on some french site theres a dds converter all you need to do is download it here: http://www.battlefield-solo.com/inde...popup&dl_id=30

instructions are in english so

Comment

Originally posted by Jey
                            its just the way the battlfield engine works. Its a POS that really needs replacing.
                            Always bashing DICE, eh? DoD = Day of Defeat, runs on Source engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                              Always bashing DICE, eh? DoD = Day of Defeat, runs on Source engine.
                              no, theyre bashing us lol. Its understandable why it doesnt work, the engine is sooo old. They were just cheap stretching out the 1942 engine for so long.:nod:

Comment

Working...
                              X