Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1.40 Patch Beta Sucks

Why do I hate the Patch Beta?
    Most of you are thinking that I hate the new features, or the fixes, etc. No I hate the patch beta because it is a beta. I love all these new features the new map, the two gunships per side, squad leaders no longer having to resupply, prevention of pod surfing, the adjusted talon head source, especially the autosave to the kit customisations, because I really hated having to reequip every different game. But why do I hate that its a beta? This is because the server owners arent taking it seriously. I wasted about an hour or less to download this thing and install it only to find 5-10 servers to actually play. I had to reinstall everything to get it back to 1.25. I just wish people would transfer to the new beta .

Originally posted by TexasJr
    Most of you are thinking that I hate the new features, or the fixes, etc. No I hate the patch beta because it is a beta. I love all these new features the new map, the two gunships per side, squad leaders no longer having to resupply, prevention of pod surfing, the adjusted talon head source, especially the autosave to the kit customisations, because I really hated having to reequip every different game. But why do I hate that its a beta? This is because the server owners arent taking it seriously. I wasted about an hour or less to download this thing and install it only to find 5-10 servers to actually play. I had to reinstall everything to get it back to 1.25. I just wish people would transfer to the new beta .
    It's called a beta for a reason. They test it then install the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle
      It's called a beta for a reason. They test it then install the patch.
      Yes and how are we supposed to really test it when people dont go over to it because there isnt much servers to choose from, and servers to go to them because its a beta.
      Has there ever even been a patch beta for 2142 before?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasJr

EA did not release the beta version to server operators. I agree with you. I run 2 ranked servers which crash 2-3 times a day on the current 1.25 patch and we tried to get the beta but EA did not release it. The only servers which ran the beta was Official EA servers. This upset our clan members as they applied the beta patch only to have to reinstall the game from scratch to play on our own servers. We as a clan decided that if the final patch is not released by the end of the month, we wont renew the servers any longer. We have had 2 servers for months which crash and crash and crash and it takes so much time to get enough people to stay to get a game going that we have wasted days of time just trying to play the game. Perhaps the beta test is almost completed and we will see the final patch soon.

Comment

Oh i see, well that really sucks, it should have been released to server operators. Thank you for the information, and good luck with that

Comment

I want it NOW!!!!

Comment

They have really dropped the ball on this one. Can barely go 5 minutes without 'There is a problem with your connection' so seems the issue is getting worse

Going back to .125 sucks *** as the shotgun hit detection is awful. Blasting away three four times at soldiers only to be vossed in the *** in .23 seconds. In 1.4 I can OHK people most times - the rate of fire hardly comes into it.

Comment

I this other thread we discussed how the first 1.40 beta was stable for a week or two, and the started to become unstable.

So I am wondering if the new Beta simply started out stable because it was installed from scratch, but are now starting to develop the same bugs?

Comment

Working...
                X