French, German, and Italian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French, German, and Italian

Are the voice overs in those languages actually used in the French, German, and Italian versions of the game? Or did they just leave it in there and never used it? It's in the 2142 files, just look in the "sound_client" folder under "VO" Also is there anyway to use these sounds w/o getting punkbusted?

I got this game on Finnish and i have EU's voice in English and Pac as PAc(whatever that language is).

So i don't think that they are being used.

Comment

I know theres an English VO only so if its a German version of the game, wouldn't there be a German VO only button?

Comment

Originally posted by Sys.Op.
        I know theres an English VO only so if its a German version of the game, wouldn't there be a German VO only button?
        Sounds like not, StoneCold above you said he got a Finnish version and it still has English, so German is probably the same, but with German text.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox
          Sounds like not, StoneCold above you said he got a Finnish version and it still has English, so German is probably the same, but with German text.
          Yeah i got all the text in Finnish and after "translating" those localization files, im pretty sure that people who has German version of the game has all the text's in German.

Comment

It is not unlikely that they only provide localized voices for the major languages, while the rest will have to do which text only.

I found a tip that should allow you to test it without reinstalling
            What you also can try is check two certain rows in the registry and change it.

Open regedit and goto: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2142

If it's correct there should be 2 lines saying "Language" and "Locale" Try changing the "Language" value to "English" (without the quotes) and the "Locale" value to "en_US" (without the quotes).

Make sure to remember the current values, in case you need to change it back.
            Personally I found the translated texts horrible enough to justify a reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              It is not unlikely that they only provide localized voices for the major languages, while the rest will have to do which text only.

I found a tip that should allow you to test it without reinstalling

Personally I found the translated texts horrible enough to justify a reinstall.
              I think that only changes the menu languages etc. I think that there is english amd Pac only voices. Nothing else.

And about the texts. That's why you need to do some own modifications. in the Finnish original files there were few thing what i saw as typos. I fixed them and made some small changes. But overall Finnish text aren't that bad...

Comment

I switched the PAC language from German to Italian, but whenever i tried to play online i got disconnected from the servers with the "Modified content" Message. It only worked for me in single player mode.

Comment

the italian and german players etc do got different languages... i installed my game into german once and played online i did had german voice overs.

Comment

Hmmm... maybe i should try the German VO's. After all those WW2 movies it's really the only language that sounds like WAR to me

P.S. Sys.Op. You shouldn't give out your IP out like that on the internet :O

Comment

How do I tell it to install in German (I have ENglish version but since all the German stuff is there)
                      VOs only I mean, so they speak in German.

Comment

The installation asks for the installation language first thing when you start it.

Comment

No other way than reinstalling? :/

Comment

I have the German version with English text! And they talk Russian or English.

Comment

I reinstalled and did everything in German but they still talk English <_<

Comment

Working...
                              X