X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Map for Sniping?

Hey all,

Wats the best map for sniping on?

Any map works well, they all have decent sniping spots.

The best snipers never stop moving though, so you can always try find a better vantage point.

Comment

Tunis would be my guess. whenever I browse for a game, all the "Sniper ONLY!" servers seem to have that as their map. Lots of buildings and cranes and towers to perch on, lots of ground clutter, I can see how it would make a good sniper map.

Comment

Personally, Port Bavaria as PAC, Sidi, Camp Gib, and Belgrade are my favorite/highest kill maps.

Comment

If recon is played as a dedicated sniper (no demolitions on enemy camp), best maps are not the ones that offer great static positions but the ones that offer moderate cover with quick escape/relocation routes. I guess Minsk is a very good map to play in this way, since hiding between the tree lines and moving on foot makes it almost impossible for enemy to spot you without a UAV or a SAT track. Also, there are many good positions the the very edge of the map, where you can easily cover your back. For vast visibility and target-rich environment but little cover, choose Suez or Sidi.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpStyle. View Post
            Any map works well, they all have decent sniping spots.

The best snipers never stop moving though, so you can always try find a better vantage point.
            Can't say that's really true, IMO.

If you move while sniping you're only greatly increasing your risk of someone seeing you leave and enter your spot. Find the best one for the situation and stay there. A good spot should give you enough cover to get the kill before they know you exist. Preferably in a place that's your own, unlike the towers on Suez which everyone checks.

Always aiming for the head is another BS thing. If you take and miss a head shot they'll be scared and hide, if you land a hit they'll re-heal and probably poke back out to find you, then take the headshot. Also, land a hit and you might get a kill assist in a second. Or maybe the foe is already weakened and you can kill them faster by taking the easier shot.

Comment

Tunis is really good. Fall of Berlin has some good areas. Belgrade is a good one for me, but I find Tunis is a lot more fun.

Suez Canal is fun with the zellar because you can shoot the engi mines along when they get out to repair and if you are good at getting away from vehicles.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

All maps work well, coz the sniper is so easy to use its borderline on tedious! :P

Comment

Fall Of Berlin has been my long time favorite. Lot's of action and lot's of hiding spots(if you are creative). But there is some good sniping spots in every map.

I have started to play as long-range sniper, so all the maps with big distances are now in my favor. Nothing is more funny than hit enemy in the chest with my Zeller from 230+m and watch him runnin around like headless chicken and wondering where that came from.

I still play Fall of Berlin a lot, just for the old times.

Comment

Port Bavaria, Tons of good spots to hide as EU or PAC. Then I would have to say Suez Titan, Inside a Titan, Tunis Harbor and Camp G. I have heard Berlin is a good map for sniping, but I don't play Berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox
                      Can't say that's really true, IMO.

If you move while sniping you're only greatly increasing your risk of someone seeing you leave and enter your spot. Find the best one for the situation and stay there. A good spot should give you enough cover to get the kill before they know you exist. Preferably in a place that's your own, unlike the towers on Suez which everyone checks.

Having a static position means that once you kill a few guys they'll know where you are and look out for you next time or try to get your tags.

I say kill a few guys, then find a different location with cover.

And I dont really understand your sentence...

Comment

Originally posted by JumpStyle.
                        Having a static position means that once you kill a few guys they'll know where you are and look out for you next time or try to get your tags.

I say kill a few guys, then find a different location with cover.

And I dont really understand your sentence...
                        That doesn't work like that always. And so what if they come lookin for your tags? Since you have APM's covering your a$$.

In Fall of Berlin i have killed the same snipers/supports/medics/spec ops/engineers from same spot numerous times. And they haven't realized/spotted me. You just need to pick the right spot.

Of course they kill you if you are one of those usual spots(roofs, towers, open hallways), everyone always looks from there first.

So choose your spot right. Here is some "nobody realized that i was there" pics.

Comment

Cerbere is also good.

Comment

I rarely snipe but right now i went on a spree. I got 10 kills in about 3-4 minutes. they were all headshots so i got 2 pins

It happend on cerbera. I was pac and we only had the church outpost, and if you play alot of cerbera you know what that means.....Pk rocket and grenade spamming, so instead of trying to run thru those hurdles, i kept my distance and i started sniping all those guys that posts themselves on the hill top of the church and behind the walls. I finished with the park being my best weapon with 10 kills and a 85% accuracy.

Comment

You know, i would say my favorite map is Cerbere (sniping) because if you can capture the Church while PAC and all others are EU, then you can snipe from church, just hide in the bushes within church areas. IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X