Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different controllers for different vehicle? Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different controllers for different vehicle? Is it possible?

Trying to fly the jetcopter with the keyboard is difficult for me. So I figure I'll get a joystick. Then I was thinking, why not also a steering wheel for the ground vehicle. So, is it possible to configure keyboard/ mouse for running around on foot, joystick and throttle for air vehicles, and steering wheel with pedals for the gound vehicles??

Originally posted by mcduke
    Trying to fly the jetcopter with the keyboard is difficult for me. So I figure I'll get a joystick. Then I was thinking, why not also a steering wheel for the ground vehicle. So, is it possible to configure keyboard/ mouse for running around on foot, joystick and throttle for air vehicles, and steering wheel with pedals for the gound vehicles??
    Land vehicles and Air vehicles each have seperate control schemes, so in theory you could do it.

But I am not sure how it will interpret having both a joystick and a steering wheel plugged in at the same time.

Anyway the steering wheel strikes me as overkill, and will proably not work well with the hover vehicles.

Comment

Yes it is, but there may be interference with the devices.

For instance, I have a joystick with a throttle control and it is set a little high for ease of hovering. When I get into air vehicle and only use keyboard controls, the game picks up that throttle control.

So my thought is if you use a joystick to do everything for air and you hit the gas peddle, it may do something to the vehicle.

Also, I dont know if 2142 was setup to use a steering wheel and pedals.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

If all you did was drive around in the FAV's or APC' the steering wheel might be nice, but I just don't think it will translate well to the tanks and walkers.

Comment

Working...
        X