1.4 beta observation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 beta observation...

I noticed a hell of a lot of newbs on the servers I've tested. Not 'noobs' (like little ****s) but newbs; otherwise nice guys who just don't really know what they are doing and typically of the lower ranks.

For example, I suck in a gunship. Yet on a Suez server the other night, I went 26-1 in a round I joined halfway through with a kill streak of 25, all in the gunship. Took out a couple of transports which were 5-up (), a few no-contest dogfights with the enemy gunships (WTF, I won? ) and loads of ripe APCs that I just hovered above, yet didn't get EMPed at all by the drivers... Got my Aircraft Service ribbon too which was good

I believe that possibly people download the beta patch thinking they need the very latest to play online without realising that for the time being at least it's 1.25 they need?

Thoughts? :salute:

Perhaps they were just 'testing' the patch and were getting pretty fed up of you spoiling their day?

Comment

I am usually heading the board when I play so there must be a high proportion of new players. I also notice that almost everyone is Engineer - very few voss whores

I love running into a crowd of engi's with my Clark and taking them all down. Desperately running around and trying to Pilum me lol, 'you ain't got ****' - BOOM

Comment

...Engineers have one of the best side arms in the game and they try to take you out with the Pilum at close range, smooth noobs smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
          ...Engineers have one of the best side arms in the game and they try to take you out with the Pilum at close range, smooth noobs smooth.
          Yeah but its more fun to hit someone in the face with a pilum than use the gun.

I've noticed it too while I was playing the beta that a larger number than usual of the players were recruits or one of the early ranks and I believe it has to do with people that just bought the game go look for the latest patch and a lot of them miss the word "beta" in 1.40 so they download it.

Comment

Engy is my most used/favourite class. Pilum is my weapon of choice if I'm not out with the SAAW to piss off some cocksucker in a gunship.

Anyway, I very often pilum infantry simply as a reaction shot, then immediately switch to my extended clip SMG to hose any others (can get two, even three more on a good day ) then when it's cool reload both. And repeat

I think my record distance infantry kill with the pilum is 122 metres, but I was on a rooftop on Bridge Over Remagen.

Comment

Do you gain points which persist in beta? If so this is news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by looqas
                Do you gain points which persist in beta? If so this is news to me.
                The old 1.40 beta was certainly ranked, I haven't bother with the new one.

Comment

Yeah you do.

If the servers weren't ranked, I doubt there would be many beta testers at all such is the state of the community right now with stat-obsessed noobs etc :laugh:

Comment

I have noticed that it is full of newbies as well... Pretty much, if they are talking over the in-game chat you know that they don't have much experience :|: Most of them seem like nice guys, but meh, I don't hesitate to shoot nice guys. Besides, makes going for all those awards I need a ton easier!

Comment

In cryptic voice: Interesting...

Probably I won't bother. How are the servers? A lot to choose from?

Comment

Originally posted by looqas
                        In cryptic voice: Interesting...

Probably I won't bother. How are the servers? A lot to choose from?
                        Quite a few, though if you put your filters on for FF etc it shrinks quite a bit.

You can both installed at once looqas, there is a guide in the Tip and Tricks forum for that

Comment

Quite a few if you live in Europe that is. In the US, it seems that only three of the at least 10 are ever populated. You get 24/7 Highway Tampa, 24/7 Tampa Titan or 24/7 Titan Maps (which is only populate half the time). I want to try out some good old fashioned Camp G with the Beta, but those servers are never populated

Comment

Originally posted by LeavingNormal
                            Yeah but its more fun to hit someone in the face with a pilum than use the gun.

I've noticed it too while I was playing the beta that a larger number than usual of the players were recruits or one of the early ranks and I believe it has to do with people that just bought the game go look for the latest patch and a lot of them miss the word "beta" in 1.40 so they download it.
                            Nice running up against you last night in the MIA server. Finally got my wireless connection working last night (hadn't played all week) and only had time for a few rounds, but they were fun and you always seemed to be in my way.

Comment

The Beta 2 has alot less people that's for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X