Is this a hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a hack?

Was playing on IPD's Squadplay server, and my clannie was commander whilst I was squad leader. All of a sudden about half way through the round my clannie says over Vent that there is a message saying he is no longer commander and couldn't re-apply

I think I remember something about it being the enemy commander hacking/exploiting but wasn't sure. I do remember the enemy commander because he was a Brig and BF2 Vet. named RMcLeod.

I was playing titan once and apparently there was a single invisible guy on the enemy titan who would kill me instantly. Shots coming from nowhere, I knew something was up with I got knifed and there was no one there.

I'm not talking recon invisibility either, he was straight up not there.

Comment

did your buddy get a mutiny?

kinda sounds like what happened to me(i made a thread about it), where i was commander and none of my assets were available, but all of them were intact, not destroyed.. And yet the PAC commander had full use of his assets..

Comment

Could have been a mutiny like kr1kit said. Maybe your buddy was so involved he didn't see the mutiny vote.

I have seen it happen where myself and others would keep getting kicked as commander without a mutiny. You would be commander for a few minutes and then it would just say "You are no longer commander..." You could reapply and the same thing would happen. Even had it happening to others on our team. I'm not sure if it was a hack or just one of the many glitches in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
          just one of the many glitches in the game.

i've never seen anything truer than that statement :laugh:

Comment

This has happened to my little bro before. He got "Demoted" with no mutiny, and whenever he would try to re-apply, it would say "You may not apply for commander for another five minutes". As a matter of fact, nobody on his team was allowed to apply for commander for the rest of the round... Very odd if you ask me!

Comment

If you get booted as Commander with no mutiny vote it is most likely a Commander hack being used by someone on the server. It comes as part of a package of hacks and is extremely annoying. I normally write down what server it is and contact an admin. I tend not to return either.

However, it sounds like the replacement Commander was an individual who frequents these forums. RMcLeod is a regular here and has always seemed like a stand-up individual (vs. the 'bent' kind). Normally the hack works by kicking the Commander just a minute or two into their position. So, that would probably mean RMcLeod was kicked a few minutes later.

This sounds like it might be interesting. Where's the popcorn?

Comment

There was definitely no mutiny vote up because I always vote no just to get rid of the message from my screen. I was simply curious and wondered if anyone could confirm what had actually happened. The server was lagging a lot and possibly that's what caused it?

Maybe I remembered the name because I recognised it from here, but I was by no means accusing RMcLeod of hacking so let's not go any further there before a kiddy flame war starts :salute:

I enjoy playing on that particular server quite a bit. If it is a confirmed hack by anyone on the server and it happens again I don't think we'll be going back.

Edit - @ sonicpixel - RMcLeod was the enemy commander, not on our team

Comment

This has happened to me, I was commander and got the walker, so I resigned.
                  I played for about 5 minutes until my walker was blown...I noticed no one applied for commander so I reaplied.
                  The standard message appeard and waited for the press yes to be commander message that never came, I applied several times and the same thing happened, then I asked other guys of my team to apply and no one could get the spot.

I think I read somewhere that this is a hack and not a glitch but I am not certain.

Comment

Has happened to me, too. I assumed it was either the server admin manually, or some kind of server side mod that automatically demotes the commander if he doesn't perform certain actions for a certain time. Is there such a server mod anywhere?

Comment

Commander Mutiny is disabled on SP:ATW.

This happens quite often, there's both a bug in the game that a commander gets removed and an exploit that can be used.

Impossible to say which, it's definately a cest la vie thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Myxx
                        Was playing on IPD's Squadplay server, and my clannie was commander whilst I was squad leader. All of a sudden about half way through the round my clannie says over Vent that there is a message saying he is no longer commander and couldn't re-apply

I think I remember something about it being the enemy commander hacking/exploiting but wasn't sure. I do remember the enemy commander because he was a Brig and BF2 Vet. named RMcLeod.
                        We get a lot of commander hackers on the server but they are quickly dealt with by the admins.

Unfortunately the server will no longer but running as of beginning of december as we have moved onto ET:QW's.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Will put it down to experience

Comment

I think you were right to suspect him man. On a side note, avoid the BHP clan - they use health hacks and kick anybody who reveals to the server that they do. Avoid!

Comment

Re: Is this a hack?

hax!

Comment

Working...
                              X