Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the scout's binoculars from BF 1942?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the scout's binoculars from BF 1942?

those were awesome weren't they? how you can remotely view parts of the map with artillery if someone used it. i wonder why this hasn't been reincarnated in subsequent battlefield games, but wouldn't it be cool if they brought it back and fit it into the gameplay somehow?

here's my idea.

for the sentry gun, there is another option to go into remote viewing mode. when you active that mode, you can control the sentry gun remotely to aim and fire as you wish. maybe even spot enemies. wouldn't that be cool?

would be kind of hard if you had no Y-axis control :/

Comment

I miss artillery in BF2142.

Comment

binoculars would be great... if only we had a class that was suited to a task like that and had a spare slot in their inventory to use them....

Comment

recon has a binoculars of sorts, only it is very long and shoots snper rifle bullets as well =D

Comment

Originally posted by CussCuss
            binoculars would be great... if only we had a class that was suited to a task like that and had a spare slot in their inventory to use them....
            Do I detect sarcasm?

Comment

Suggestion

Put it forward for BF3, yes that is sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                for the sentry gun, there is another option to go into remote viewing mode. when you active that mode, you can control the sentry gun remotely to aim and fire as you wish. maybe even spot enemies. wouldn't that be cool?
                the Quake Wars demo had a camera one of the classes could drop and switch to in order to look around (recon class or whatever they call it). That was a pretty neat toy and I think you could remote detonate it, as well. Not as nice as a remote controlled turret, but close.

Comment

Eternal Silence steam mod has remote control turrets.

Extremely entertaining.

Comment

Or just give Recon binoculars in slot 4 where the ammo/health hub normally is.

That way Lambert users can see far, or give it a spotting advantage. Things stay on screen even longer maybe. Or make them see through fog farther.

Comment

remember how you could actually turn the airplanes in 1942? We need something like that in 2142.

Comment

there are alot of things i miss, and fixed wing aircraft is one of them..
                        Why are there no fixed wing aircraft in the future? Are they too good for fixed wing aircraft?!?!?

Comment

Maybe if the Recon does the spotting for artillery and the commander listens, the artillery could be more accurate?

Comment

It would be great if it was an unlock of some sort for the Sniper in BF2142, you would be able to spot players on the map, and it would be transmitted automatically onto other team mates radar, but you would have to spot a single person at a time for about 3 - 5 seconds.

Instead of that useless Ghost Decoy.

Comment

How about if the binoculars auto-spotted anything that was in sight when you looked at it? Maybe to balance the locations would disappear really fast (or maybe instantly) if you turn away/put away the binoculars.

Or, alternately, if you could center that binoculars on something for a certain period of time (like 15-20 seconds), you would get one OS, er, explosive line thingy that would hit what you're spotting, sorta like a super mini OS (with only one hit). Would be useless against infantry, unless they're camping, but would be useful against vehicles pinning you down. (and maybe the goliath)

Comment

Working...
                              X