Backing up NS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing up NS

Can someone tell me how to backup NS? and how do I get my NS key?

It should be in

C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache

Check in EA downloader where you cache is set to in the settings menu.

Just copy the bf2142_bp1 diectory. You dont need the key as its linked to you ea account.

Comment

I'm going to sticky this in case any one else needs this info. Thanks gvers for the help.

Comment

Oh crap, i can't find it. I don't have a battlefield directory, only something with numbers which i think is my ea account and logs.

EDIT: Well, i think i'm fine because i didn't had to redownload anything. Maybe that's why i can't find the cache file.

Comment

I got to C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache

and I do not see "bf2142_bp1"

Comment

Originally posted by pilvlp
            I got to C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache

and I do not see "bf2142_bp1"
            Right click on the BF2142 shortcut, go to properties, find target, mods>bf2142 it should be in there.

Comment

Nope. Just first strike and 2142.

Comment

It might be still in your EA Link folder check there. If you still cant find it rename your battlefield folder and you can redownload.

Comment

Wasn't in EA link. Redownloading.

Awesome. I saved the .exe in the bf2142_bp1 folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf
                    Oh crap, i can't find it. I don't have a battlefield directory, only something with numbers which i think is my ea account and logs.
                    Something like this?
                    Code:
                    :\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache\{1234567890 }
                    Because I just redownloaded SF and Euroforces, and they ended up as subfolders to the "number" folder.
                    I suspect that it will be the same for NS

And good old EA has managed to SNAFU my SF key since I last used it.:shakehead:
                    I am still deciding whether I have the energy to fight their CSR again.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                      And good old EA has managed to SNAFU my SF key since I last used it.:shakehead:
                      I am still deciding whether I have the energy to fight their CSR again.
                      Normally I'd be with you on this, but I think it has more to do with the order installed and patched. For some reason EA was telling me that one of my copies of SF was not real (I have 2 keys for 2 PC). I figured out it had to do with the number of times I patched. I believe yours is the EADM version. My SF will not work unless I installed it in a particular order:

BF2>>1.41>>EF/AF>>SF(1.10)>>1.41>>Tampa

If I don't intsll it in this order neither Tampa or SF work (Tampa just CTD if its not the last thing I install).

There is also a regedit fix also if you look on the support section. What happened was you could read your key in the reg, as some discovered when they lost there keys and used this method to recover it. So EA decided it was better for it to be scrambled for the owners protection (yeah, doesn't make sense to me either). Only problem is, the patches every now and again can mess up your key to much and your games not recognized online.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                        So EA decided it was better for it to be scrambled for the owners protection (yeah, doesn't make sense to me either). Only problem is, the patches every now and again can mess up your key to much and your games not recognized online.
                        The most stupid parts is that it is linked to your account, so there is no need for the key.

Anyway I already did the install -> patch -> install -> patch dance that we learned with NS, and tried the regedit fix.
                        There might still be some obscure hack I haven't tried, but really EA, why, why, why? :shakehead:

Comment

I backed up the installer from the EA Link folder. Moved it to my new hard drive and after installing that the whole game didn't work.

I tought that it was the 1.4 patch what is messing my game up, but it turned out that the NS installer was corrupt...

I had to install that EADM crap and dl it again...

Comment

Can somebody update this with the new EA Store

Comment

Originally posted by Kenji View Post
                              Can somebody update this with the new EA Store
                              Did they change it again, or are we still talking about the EADM?

Take a look at this: http://roe.totalgamingnetwork.com/wi...orthern_Strike

Comment

Working...
                              X