Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give yourself a pat on the back soldier...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raidyr
    Which is funny, because A) The problem I have with the Voss is not its damage (I dont want it to become useless), and B) I understand it does not kill in one hit. I dont understand your sudden hostility, what I had gathered in the previous Voss thread was that you and I both agreed to disagree and dropped it.
    I'm always hostile to whiners. I've seen too much from you -- I remember the nerf the Voss and Voss Vs. Baur threads quite well. Whenever you and/or Dutchdude post on any thread about the Voss, I make it a point to warn potential partakers of argument that you have a slight bias in the wrong direction. We didn't agree to disagree in the last thread. You decided to quit.

By the way, you seem really adamant about the description change idea. Something that would affect no one really. Its almost as if you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Either that, or a damage drop off decrease to something logical for a "light assault rifle".
    I'm nowhere near serious about the description change for the Voss. I just think that it's ridiculous that you want either the Voss's functionality changed , a major mechanics change (especially now that it's so popular), versus a description change, which is a bunch of text, which fixes nothing, because you'd still be pissed that the Vossers kill you so much. I poke fun at you for it ... for the sake of poking fun. I also argue for the sake of arguing. I find nothing wrong with that.

And whos fault is that? I mention a commonly known fact, that the Krylov is better statswise than the SCAR, and you post for no reason other than to try to start an argument. And you did agree with me, except I said outright that the SCAR is worse. Not by much, but it is. You basically said "Its not THAT bad".
    I didn't agree with you. Agreeing means our statements, however different, come to the same conclusion. I said, in a nutshell, that the SCAR-11 may be underpowered stats-wise compared to the Krylov, or other AR's for that matter, but the margin is so delicately close that it makes no difference in rifle, and all the difference in made in the player. You said,
    The Krylov isnt that great, the SCAR just sucks.
    You did say that the SCAR-11 is worse. But, you didn't not mention or infer that it was worse by "not much." You plainly said that it "just sucks." Sounds like a major downgrade from the Krylov which "isn't all that great." I think you're revising your text on the run here (ninja edits work better than arguing what you really meant, btw.)

Comment

i think the voss isnt entirely over powered, the only thing it need is a good damage drop off, so at ranges, its power is lowered to that of SMG's max damage. (im not whining ok, i just find that its a practical idea)
      so far, i see no imbalance between scar and krylov, i prefer the scar, but only for looks.

and the gun im worried about, is the Ganz (i can feel the flaming already), lately, i havent seen many voss whorin (wich arent really a problem, since the clark can win it over as long as u got good accuracy), but more ganz whorin. the problem is, im not saying the ganz is 'too powerful' or anything, but its far too accurate while standin. ive been being sniped by ganz users, standing ones at that. and all but one of'em were innocent of hacking (the one guy was getting standing, moving, headshots).

Comment

Originally posted by blank1
        I'm always hostile to whiners. I've seen too much from you -- I remember the nerf the Voss and Voss Vs. Baur threads quite well. Whenever you and/or Dutchdude post on any thread about the Voss, I make it a point to warn potential partakers of argument that you have a slight bias in the wrong direction. We didn't agree to disagree in the last thread. You decided to quit.
        Define whiner.

I'm nowhere near serious about the description change for the Voss. I just think that it's ridiculous that you want either the Voss's functionality changed , a major mechanics change (especially now that it's so popular), versus a description change, which is a bunch of text, which fixes nothing, because you'd still be pissed that the Vossers kill you so much. I poke fun at you for it ... for the sake of poking fun. I also argue for the sake of arguing. I find nothing wrong with that.
        I dont get pissed when "Vossers" kill me. They probably are better, on level, or worse than me. It doesnt matter. Only real whiners would attack the user of the weapon. I look at the stats and notice 1 little thing that could be changed, and then it would be perfect.

I didn't agree with you. Agreeing means our statements, however different, come to the same conclusion. I said, in a nutshell, that the SCAR-11 may be underpowered stats-wise compared to the Krylov, or other AR's for that matter, but the margin is so delicately close that it makes no difference in rifle, and all the difference in made in the player. You said,

You did say that the SCAR-11 is worse. But, you didn't not mention or infer that it was worse by "not much." You plainly said that it "just sucks." Sounds like a major downgrade from the Krylov which "isn't all that great." I think you're revising your text on the run here (ninja edits work better than arguing what you really meant, btw.)
        We still reached the conclusion that ultimately Krylov > SCAR. And I am not ninja-editing.

Originally posted by darkroom0716
        i think the voss isnt entirely over powered, the only thing it need is a good damage drop off, so at ranges, its power is lowered to that of SMG's max damage. (im not whining ok, i just find that its a practical idea)
        It will never pass.

One, because 1.40 is obviously the last patch, and two, because the vast numbers of players (The masses in a population are always the stupid ones), will see the words "Voss" and "change" and freak out.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
          Define whiner.
          You.

I dont get pissed when "Vossers" kill me. They probably are better, on level, or worse than me. It doesnt matter. Only real whiners would attack the user of the weapon. I look at the stats and notice 1 little thing that could be changed, and then it would be perfect.
          LOL come on dude. Do you even remember what you've said about the Voss on much earlier threads? HAHA come on, you hate the freakin' gun.

We still reached the conclusion that ultimately Krylov > SCAR. And I am not ninja-editing.
          You reached the conclusion that Krylov > SCAR-11. I did not. I said that the margin in statistical difference is microscopic enough that the statistical difference does not matter, and player skill matters more. Krylov = SCAR-11. Krylov stats are only marginally "better" anyways. The SCAR-11 has better deviation and damage, the Krylov having better recoil, rate of fire, and very slightly damage drop off (5 meters in damage decreasing distance.) Functionality > hypothesis. SCAR-11 = Krylov.

Comment

Comment

whos who eh?

yeah, im sure theyd never fix it, but hey, its a decent idea right? im pretty muched pissed at a anyways, since they have done nothing right so far. BF2 was good, and then 'infantry only!'
              if you want infantry only, play GRAW or somethin, a good portion of what made the BF series great, was VEHICLES!! that was bf1942 main deal, that you could have INFANTRY and VEHICLES!.... wow, that was actually a bit of an unnexpected.... YAY! I HAVE FORUM TURRETES!! (PIIISS!! PIIISSS OUT MY ASSS!!)

the ganz might have a small chance in hell though....

Comment

YAY! I HAVE FORUM TURRETES!! (PIIISS!! PIIISSS OUT MY ASSS!!)
                Lol wut. :laugh:

Comment

whos who eh?

yeah, im sure theyd never fix it, but hey, its a decent idea right? im pretty muched pissed at a anyways, since they have done nothing right so far. BF2 was good, and then 'infantry only!'
                  if you want infantry only, play GRAW or somethin, a good portion of what made the BF series great, was VEHICLES!! that was bf1942 main deal, that you could have INFANTRY and VEHICLES!.... wow, that was actually a bit of an unnexpected.... YAY! I HAVE FORUM TURRETES!! (PIIISS!! PIIISSS OUT MY ASSS!!)

the ganz might have a small chance in hell though....
                  Exactly. If I want IO I'll go play CS or CoD.

Comment

all this crap started because

Originally posted by DutchDude
                    Next game he has SCAR (Seriously Crappy Assault 'Rifle')
                    :shakehead:

but seriusly stop debating weapon balance now, make a new thread for that.

Comment

Lol what was the original topic again???

Comment

" I was banned from tbf2 becauae I was the only person not pretending to be so hurt by 9/11.

im sick of people using tragic events as a "who can be more sensitive" popularity contest.

same thing happened when a kid died at my school, the only people who werent sticking pics on the wall and telling other students to wear black for the rest of the week where the ones who actually knew him.

In short I made a funny in a fake serious thread and everyon e else saw it as an opportunity to raise there e-spect by ganging up on me"

so im not alone eh? i dont see much y everyone hated you there... go figure.

BOT, me, i had my best video game moment ever in a Warlord round in bf2. me and the rest of the insergent team were bein raped at the tv station by an LAV, M1, and T60, no one could do anything, i was specops, got on the roof, zip lined on to the blackhawk wreckage in the intersection, c4'ed all 3 vehicles... sadly, i will probly never do somethin that cool again. some one actually thanked me, which felt fekkin awesome that they noticed.

i did my part for the topic right?

Comment

Working...
                        X