Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commanders who sabotage their own team!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commanders who sabotage their own team!!

Here's how it works.
    You apply for commander and once promoted move your Titan away from the silos out into useless countryside. Your friends / clanmates in the opposing team have free rein of all the silos, their Titan is providing air cover and they're racking up lots of points. You drop supplies etc in useless locations to make it look like you're trying to help your team. Your Titan is usually destroyed completely before the other has even lost its' shields and your mates have lots of easy points.
    Next game another mate takes over and ruins the other team while YOU get all the easy points.
    See it done, lots of times.

Ok.....

Comment

Wow, you managed to come up with a strategy my little brother (age 9) came up with to try and get a rank up with me...

Comment

And 10 seconds after you start moving beyond the silos a timeless admin kicks you and moves it back.

We see this occasionally and it wont be the last time we kick for it. It comes under our general rule of not ruining game play.

Its only partly to do with the titan guns (whores lol). Its a lot to do with the end fight so that people can pod between titans.

Insane high scores, constant action, lots of knifings and so on.

Comment

I`ve seen where the commander will move the titan in such a place where the titan guns are rendered usless but still within pod range of the other titan, then when his sheilds are down he moves over to the opposite side and then attacks his old titan doing all the bunny hopping rdx stuff...

Comment

...does this mean that timeless servers don't allow people to move the titan to some secluded desert to prevent podding onto the titan?
            i'd be on your server all day long, but i'm halfway across the world ):
            i absolutely HATE games when either titan is parked a few billion miles away from civilisation. in fact i get a little irritated with the commander when the titans aren't within podding distance when shields are down =D

Comment

We don't.

Part of the glory of Timeless and why we are popular is that we don't allow combat commanders and we encourage everyone to enjoy the game they feel most capable doing. Poor frame rates, having my 2 year old on my lap and being nearly 50 with reactions to match mean I whore the guns and hide in corridors with apms most the day. That's OK. If you want to bunny hop and throw RDX around, that's OK too. Go chase silos if that's your favourite. (Should be everyones lol)

However we don't like the gameplay spoiled. We want the titans to be close and central. Sometimes we kick a commander cause he positions the titan just so his gun covers a silo at the detriment to everyones elses gun position. Thats not teamwork. Sometimes we kick the enemy commander because he is titan nudging/pushing the other titan over a silo or out the main game area.

Its about balancing the game. The VERY VERY best games in the world are those that depend on the next missile to hit either your titan or the enemies.

Those are the type of games we aim for.

Comment

Well...I guess that is pretty cheap on the commander's part. But conversely, doesn't that make it harder for the enemy to get on your titan once the shields are down? They can't pod to you directly from the titan...they need APCs and transports to do so then

Comment

This is true. sometimes we let a strange titan position go if there are superhuman efforts from squads to keep the silos fiendly. Then it can be an advantage not to be in podding distance. However this is rare.

The other main benefit is that centrally located titans mean you can pod to any silo and keep trying to capture it without having to spawn somewhere else and driving there.

In most cases if your shileds are down first then it suggests the other side have better squads or position advantage that can capture and keep silos better. Doesn't matter where your titan is then The silos rarely miss (I know they do sometimes lol)

I reckon 95% of titan games are not won by blowing the core!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox
                    Wow, you managed to come up with a strategy my little brother (age 9) came up with to try and get a rank up with me...
                    Ask your 9 year old brother if he saw the point of the thread?
                    IT"S NOT a strategy, it's a F***ING ANNOYANCE!!
                    I'm griping because on certain servers, clan mates will do it all the time, and while you know your commander is helping your opponents, you can't get enough people to mutiny....
                    And just sometimes we older folks - Hi CatZiggy!! - like to sit at the titan guns with a cup of coffee and the cat in the lap, shooting leisurely at guys below.
                    And while on the subject of age - my daughter is 8 and is an ace gunship pilot... I often wonder how many of her kills realise this?

Comment

We solve this problem by keeping the titan from being able to be moved. We don't kick combat commanders because if the command is really that bad, the team's going to mutiny or vote kick him anyway.

Comment

This is turning into a server promotion thread.

Comment

Me? Moi? Promote TIMELESS servers... never....

Comment

Ok I tried to come up with a response to this thread but I can't.

Comment

Funny that this is brought up,

I was just on a titan server where the other team was complaining about the commander leaving after moving the titan close to the enemy titan AND over a silo.

The guys screen name; "TheSabatour" (Actually, i am not sure how it was spelled, but it was the sabatour".

Yea, it happens and is very unfortunate. Hopefully you can vote kick him and regain control of the titan.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X