beta patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beta patch

i accidentally installed the beta to the original game instead of making a copy, and now cant go back to 1.25. is the only way to go back to 1.25 is uninstalling the game and reinstalling, because i want to play first strike but i need 1.25, but i dont want to uninstall cause i think it might mess up my northern strike. so if i do uninstall and reinstall and tehn patch it tho 1.25, will northern strike still work

also i updated ea link (now EA download manager) and it says i have northern strike installed but its now in programdata, and will i be able to install northern strike again through ea download manager

Reinstall in this order:

install 2142
    patch to 1.25
    install Northern Strike
    patch to 1.25 again

Make a copy of NS by copying the install exe. It can be found in the EA link program files, it should be called 2142_bp i cant remember. Then you can install it manually whenever you want.

Comment

thats the problem when ea link updated to ea download manger, i couldnt find the northern strike installer, it used to be in program data

Comment

If you are still having problems backing up NS have a look at this thread:

Comment

I did exactly the same thing as panzer890. I installed the first 1.40 Beta, which gave me crashes to desktop every time I tried to play. Now I have uninstalled and re-installed the game, but my problem is this: how the hell do I get my Northern Strike back? EA Download Manager refuses to work at all. I install it and then it asks for the Adobe browser flash plugin. I download and install that, but every time I try to open EA Download Manager it asks for the plugin again, and again, and again. I've tried uninstalling both the flash plugin and the Download Manager, and re-installing but with just the same results!

Is there ANY way I can get Northern Strike back without the EA Download Manager (it's gone - I've checked), or any way I can get that damned thing to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin
            I did exactly the same thing as panzer890. I installed the first 1.40 Beta, which gave me crashes to desktop every time I tried to play. Now I have uninstalled and re-installed the game, but my problem is this: how the hell do I get my Northern Strike back? EA Download Manager refuses to work at all. I install it and then it asks for the Adobe browser flash plugin. I download and install that, but every time I try to open EA Download Manager it asks for the plugin again, and again, and again. I've tried uninstalling both the flash plugin and the Download Manager, and re-installing but with just the same results!

Is there ANY way I can get Northern Strike back without the EA Download Manager (it's gone - I've checked), or any way I can get that damned thing to work?
            I had the same problem as you. this is what i did to get mine to work.

1.download flash player, flash player uninstaller, eadm, and a program called smartclose.

2. uninstall flash player and eadm

3. run smartclose alls what that does is shut a lot of stuff down.

4.reinstall flash player, then eadm. restart computer.

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ///BASIL\\\
              I had the same problem as you. this is what i did to get mine to work.

1.download flash player, flash player uninstaller, eadm, and a program called smartclose.

2. uninstall flash player and eadm

3. run smartclose alls what that does is shut a lot of stuff down.

4.reinstall flash player, then eadm. restart computer.

hope this helps.
              Thanks for the advice, BASIL! I'll give that a try.

Comment

Update: Yes, that worked, Basil, so, many thanks! If you're ever around this part of China the beers are on me.:nod: Strangely enough, though, the next time I opened EA Download Manager it started all over again, asking for the plugin which I have already!

Oh well, at least I've got my Northern Strike back. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin
                  Update: Yes, that worked, Basil, so, many thanks! If you're ever around this part of China the beers are on me.:nod: Strangely enough, though, the next time I opened EA Download Manager it started all over again, asking for the plugin which I have already!

Oh well, at least I've got my Northern Strike back. Thanks again.
                  No problem. that also happened once to me i just did it all over again.

Comment

Working...
                  X