GTA4 for Xbox360/PS3 Delayed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA4 for Xbox360/PS3 Delayed!

The release date for GTA IV has been pushed back to April 2008.

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company’s second quarter of fiscal 2008.

Why, you ask?

Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two, stated, “With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait. We owe it to the game’s millions of fans, to our dedicated development team, and to our shareholders to make sure that Grand Theft Auto IV is a groundbreaking gaming experience that takes maximum advantage of next generation technology.”

Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games, added, "The new consoles are allowing us to create the Grand Theft Auto game we always dreamed about. Every aspect of the game and its design has been completely transformed. The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game’s fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience.

Source: http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDeta...leaseID=258238

Im quite happy to wait a little bit longer for gta4.. its always been the best console game ive ever played

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx
      Im quite happy to wait a little bit longer for gta4.. its always been the best console game ive ever played
      I have played all of GTA's... I even play San Andreas time to time...

But it's kinda good news that it's been delayed... I have more time to raise money to buy that PS3...

Comment

well longer to save up perhaps the PS3's price will drop from £400.......

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
          well longer to save up perhaps the PS3's price will drop from £400.......
          In here you have to pay 650€(and change) for PS3. And when the games costs 65€ a pop, that is lot of money to be spending(or atleast it is for me).

I think im just gonna wait for the price to go down(christmas holidays?!?!), and then buy it.

And basically you don't loose anything if you buy it later. Since no matter what, the game makers doesn't know what PS3 is capable of. So the games aren't that good right now, compared what they can/will be.

Besides there is lot of good games coming out for the PC, CoD4, Assassin's Creed just to mention few...

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313
            In here you have to pay 650€(and change) for PS3. And when the games costs 65€ a pop, that is lot of money to be spending(or atleast it is for me).

I think im just gonna wait for the price to go down(christmas holidays?!?!), and then buy it.
            Did you notice that a "discount" PS3 was announced recently?

From October 10th the existing PS3 Starter Pack will be replaced by a 60GB Value Pack, boasting a fully-functioning PS3 with one SIXAXIS controller and two first party titles for £349 – a price drop of around £75.

New to the market on the same day will be the 40GB model. It will retail at £299 - the same price Xbox 360 Elite – but features only two USB 2.0 ports and no longer includes the multi memory card port. It will also lack backwards compatibility with PS2 games.
            Source (among plenty others) http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28463/PS3-...-pack-revealed

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              Did you notice that a "discount" PS3 was announced recently?

Source (among plenty others) http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28463/PS3-...-pack-revealed
              Actually i noticed it last night. I was checking out the prize for CoD 4 and noticed PS3 had prize drop(but not much, atleast not in here).

Comment

Working...
              X