Are vehicles just tard magnets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are vehicles just tard magnets?

Let me first say that I'm going to incriminate myself here. This happened two nights ago and still bugs me :shakehead:

I had just spawned in the Titan hangar on EU, on UK Warfare Titan server (I think). I had spawned as recon with the intention of RDXing some armour or something fun, I'm not bothered about points now I'm a Brig. Anyway I spawned towards the left side of the Titan hangar and immediately saw two guys camping, obviously waiting for the gunship. They both immediately started TWing me and started spamming 'Negative', 'no can do' over comms. WTF? I don't want the gunship. Anyway, this immediately brought back memories of the last time I was on this ****ty server when the admin was spamming 'GET OUT OF THE GUNSHIP OR I WILL BANN YOU!!!' to some random dude, so I dropped a couple of RDX down on the deck, and as soon as the gunship spawned I blew it killing both these arseholes. My first deliberate TKs in 2142 with the exception of when I lobbed a SAAW at my clannie running away from me for a good laugh for us all.

I do think vehicles add something good to this game but they just breed tards too.

Probably just a bad experience. Rarely do I ever find people like this whenever I play.

Comment

If you let things like this bother you.... you must have led a sheltered 2142 experience.

Comment

oh i've had countless times spawning ingame and seeing an idiot get in the FAV, and spam "Get in!" while he backs up out of reach of the people and toys around with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
          If you let things like this bother you.... you must have led a sheltered 2142 experience.
          Yeah you're right. I know - I'll stick to FF-off servers like you do where I can't get TWed/TKed :laugh: :blabla:

Maybe I should rephrase the question - are infantry only servers better gameplay in this respect, disregarding the 'padding' side of it?

Comment

Vehicle camping is the bane of the Battlefield game series ever since BF1942. Oh, the fun of racking up cheap kills by bombing the enemy runway and taking out 6 enemies in one sweep all waiting for the next plane to spawn.

But still, vehicles with easy controls is what the Battlefield game series is all about. It's what makes BF different from all the other FPS games out there. If BF wouldn't have vehicles, I'd probably not play it.

Comment

Hehe. 90% of my hours are from playing the UK EA official servers before they went down. I only play the FF off now cause its where I am an admin.

What I meant was theres more tards than vehicle whores about. Rammers, pod sitters, tards that just moan and groan in messages the whole time.

Your experience, whilst annoying doesn't seem that bad for you to still be worrying about it a few days later so to speak

Comment

Which server was you on? An admin has no right to tell you to get out a gunship, but i can understand why some of the players might have been giving you the 'negative' 'no can do' talk on the coms. Call it camping if you like, but sometimes you just fancy using a certain vehicle and are prepared to wait for it. Theres nothing worse than when you've been waiting ages for one, and then somebody pops up at the last min and gets in it before you. I know theres no rule that says if you was there first its yours, but myself being a good sport if i see somebody waiting i let them have it and wait my turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Specks View Post
                  Which server was you on? An admin has no right to tell you to get out a gunship, but i can understand why some of the players might have been giving you the 'negative' 'no can do' talk on the coms. Call it camping if you like, but sometimes you just fancy using a certain vehicle and are prepared to wait for it. Theres nothing worse than when you've been waiting ages for one, and then somebody pops up at the last min and gets in it before you. I know theres no rule that says if you was there first its yours, but myself being a good sport if i see somebody waiting i let them have it and wait my turn.
                  As said it was UK Warfare Titan.

The thing that irked me - I had literally just spawned, and they were TWing too before I even realised they were waiting for the gunship. Pair of muppets :yay:

Comment

lol I can understand those two guys infact

Me and jazzman930 was in the mood for flying the gunship, and so we waited at the titan for the gunship to spawn, and the team was nice enough to give us a chance. WE spawned in maybe 4 times and we were getting a pretty nice round helping our team. All of a sudden while we're waiting a really annoying guy pops up and immediately wants the gunship. We say that we've been using the gunship together and we've waited here forever and the guy just wouldn't surrender. He said we were noobs and that our stats was crap and that he owned all in the gunship etc... We were getting really tired of the guy so we just let him get the gunship. He flew to the enemy titan and began shooting at the titan cannons, got taken down by a rorsch and immediately left the server. That totally ruined our fun that day

Comment

1.4 should help out with the gunships. had no problems getting a gunship. vehicles are part of battlefield, it would not be without them. Yes there are some noobs out there that do stupid things, just like in the real world. Your going to find them in any game. I wish people would just take turns and let other people have a go, if they suck you know your gunship is coming right back..

Comment

I never use Vehicles because I'm a 'tard vehicle user. The only vehicle I can manage is the buggy.

The Walker is illogical, how is a walking behemoth stopped by a tree no more than 3 years old? Destructable enviroments FTW!

Comment

Unless it's a clan-mate, I'll try to make sure I don't get a co-pilot in my walker

I know it's selfish, but they always, always do more harm than good if you can't talk to them and designate targets

Comment

if you ask me blowing them up was a little ott.

they were just fed up of waiting 5 mins only for some idiot to get the seat at the last few seconds...

its understandable.

its not as if they were lobbing emps and shooting your feet...

vehicles = points always has been and always will be with bf games.

Comment

Heh, Nice.

And I totally agree with you.

People are selfish and want the vehicles for themselves and will do anything to obtain it.

Comment

Working...
                              X