Voip problem/Vista user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voip problem/Vista user

Ok, looked back about 20-30 pages tryin to find a fix for this...and nothing.
    Simply, my voip doesn't work in game...heck, it doesn't show it works when I have the voice setup open. In one post, it said to go into my dxdiag.exe and bring the sound marker down to "Basic Acceleration"...but strangely, my dxdiag doesn't have that marker to even move. My DX is updated fully, I am runnin a very nice rig, Intel Duocore, 2 gig ram, 8800gts, etc. etc. Any ideas would be helpful. Thx.

are you pushing V? :S its reversed from BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Sys.Op.
      are you pushing V? :S its reversed from BF2
      Um...lets see. If it's not workin, that means I obviously hit "V" , it doesn't work, hence the reason I posted.
      Sarcasm aside...not everyone is that dense, you don't need to ask somethin like that to attempt to make me feel stupid.
      Now, back to my post, any suggestions?

Comment

Hmmm are you running the game in admin mode? Ive been having a few software problems since ive changed to vista. If your not, right click on the icon and select 'run as admin' this has fixed lots of problems for me (including teamspeak)

Comment

Originally posted by Specks
          Hmmm are you running the game in admin mode? Ive been having a few software problems since ive changed to vista. If your not, right click on the icon and select 'run as admin' this has fixed lots of problems for me (including teamspeak)
          I've been runnin it as admin...hell, if I try to do it without, it says my cd isn't in.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ktane
            Um...lets see. If it's not workin, that means I obviously hit "V" , it doesn't work, hence the reason I posted.
            Sarcasm aside...not everyone is that dense, you don't need to ask somethin like that to attempt to make me feel stupid.
            thats what i did, :|: i thought i was broken until i realized it was V

Comment

k, Ive been using voip for a long time and since last night it wasnt working for me or the guys in my squad. we even switched servers and it wouldnt work for any of us.

Comment

I've been runnin it as admin...hell, if I try to do it without, it says my cd isn't in.
                Are other people using it in the servers your on then? As ive been on a few servers where its not been working for anybody. I have mine turned off now anyway, i rarely use it and ive been told it causes problems anyway.

Comment

Wow, with an attitude like that you must really not want help.

:shakehead:

Sys. Op's answer was plausible. Don't post if you don't want every suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Speckled_Pants
                    Are other people using it in the servers your on then? As ive been on a few servers where its not been working for anybody. I have mine turned off now anyway, i rarely use it and ive been told it causes problems anyway.
                    Often times a server can have VOIP enabled but if it isn't configured right then it doesn't work. It will show that VOIP is on when you are seraching for a server but in game it does nothing. As Speckled asked, can you hear others in your squad talking?

By the way, we have always had VOIP on our servers and I have been using it for almost a year, no problems. If you are going without it you are missing out on an opportunity to improve your teamwork and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X