So I'm playing Titan Mode finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm playing Titan Mode finally...

Well I got this game back in 05 when it came out, played it for a few hours and then shelved it until May or so of this year. Started playing in May again and have put in quite a few hours since then, primarily playing conquest city maps. I’ve never been a big armor fan even going back to BF2, that kind of action just isn’t my favorite style of play. And that’s mainly why I have stayed away from Titan for so long. Big maps, lots of armor just hasn’t appealed to me. But now that I’ve gotten BrigGen and my gold for Support and Medic, I’ve been goofing around as Recon and Engineer and find that they are well suited for maps with armor. So I’ve started doing Titan seriously this last week and I’m actually having a blast.

I did my first serious Titan this weekend, and by serious I mean, that I really truly understand the dynamics of Titan Gameplay now and have a clue on what I’m doing. After posting multiple scores of 70+ this week I just know that my Best Round will be updated soon. J I try to play at a breakneck speed (it makes it more interesting for me), going from silo to silo trying to cap them, switching kits constantly with those that I kill and leaving defensive goodies to protect the silo I just took. Then when the shields down, I start attacking and or defending the crap out of these titans. I’ve even gotten to a point where I can fly a transport and keep it in the air for a while, shuttling people and dropping them off at silos. And I’ve always hated airships, especially after the damn planes in BF2…

No real point to this other than I’m having fun again in the game and thought I'd share. Conquest city maps were starting to get a little old and I had started going back to BF2 for a little while, but like the game play of 2142 better. Especially the flexibility of the kits.

I guess next time, I get bored I might finally break down and get Northern Strike…

Glad you're enjoying Titan. I started playing it a lot after getting a new rig which could run it without stuttering. BTW, BF2142 was released in Oct 2006, not 2005.

Comment

Get Northern Strike before you get bored- Good maps, better toys- If you're a BG already, you're missing the last goodies!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel
        Glad you're enjoying Titan. I started playing it a lot after getting a new rig which could run it without stuttering. BTW, BF2142 was released in Oct 2006, not 2005.
        Eh, you're right, I think I got my BF2 enrollment date confused...my 2142 is:

Enrollment Date06-10-28 01:53

Yeah, my rig is getting a little out of date, AMD 3400+ but I have 2gb of Corsair XMS and a Radeon x850 Pro so these games are still playing pretty well, but I can't play the new ones because of shader 3.0 compatibility. Trying to decide if I should get a new rig or just get a new AGP card. In no hurry though...

Comment

I'll always look back with fondness for the Fall and Winter of 2006/07... BF2142 was a really fun time over those long dark months. Good times.

Comment

titan mode is always a blast

Comment

I started playing Titan mode pretty much right from the start. I was ready for a change from BF2 conquests and Titan was just the thing I needed. I'm glad you like it, 'cause I love it!

Comment

Working...
              X