EA downloader is a piece of ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA downloader is a piece of ****

So i bought NS today and i install EA downloader and download the game.. Now it says "activate" so i click on it and put in my unlock code, and it sends me through a maze of ******** pages asking me for my EA login and all that. So i finally get through that and now it says its activated. So i click "install" on the EA downloader and it starts installing. It gets to a part where it asks me to update so i click yes, and then the installer just closes down.. And now it says " installed ".. But the game isn't ****ing there.

So now im re-downloading it to see if this piece of **** will work.

**** you EA

im also about 2 seconds away from punching EA games in the face for having the worst ****ing website on earth

All it does is add the mapfiles, look under:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\Levels

look for:
    Bridge_at_Remagen
    Liberation_of_Leipzig
    Port_Bavaria

Thats all Northern Strike adds, the rest of the stuff is content that gets unlocked thats already in the 1.25 patch that you could only unlock if you owned NS (Weapons/Vehicles/Gear).

You should just be able to find a server thru the regular game and join.

Comment

make sure you repatch with 1.25 after installing.

Comment

wow i feel like an idiot haha, i didnt know that it just add's maps. I was under the impression that it instals an expansion like BF2:SF

nevermind then

Comment

BF2: SF is a expansion pack, this one is a booster which justs add new content over.

Comment

In your defense, EADM is a piece of crap. Exactly the same reaction I had when I installed Euro Forces the first time after having played Special Forces for a while. Then it all turned around and I got pissed at EA for not making Special Forces like the boosters.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
              Then it all turned around and I got pissed at EA for not making Special Forces like the boosters.
              Aye, I think EA learned something there It's better to have everything in one program really, same user interface and everything, and for servers to be able to freely mix maps is great too.

Comment

I say we all write EA very nasty letters

Comment

Why can't EA just use Steam.. Steam is so unbelievably faster/easier.

Comment

Because that'd make things too easy, EA doesn't like anything to be easy/smooth.. They prefer complicated and slow

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                      All it does is add the mapfiles, look under:
                      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\Levels

look for:
                      Bridge_at_Remagen
                      Liberation_of_Leipzig
                      Port_Bavaria

Thats all Northern Strike adds, the rest of the stuff is content that gets unlocked thats already in the 1.25 patch that you could only unlock if you owned NS (Weapons/Vehicles/Gear).

You should just be able to find a server thru the regular game and join.
                      so if i reinstall can i copy those files and still get NS to run? or will I have to install it again? Cause I can't find my stuff and EA link is dumb.

Comment

I really don't know if you could just back up the map files. I know it use to work for BF2 and that what I did when EuroForces first came out, but that stopped working after the next patch. Donno how different it is with BF2142. In Theory all you should need to do is put these three map files int the mapfolder and patch, but as mentioned before they may have added reg entries and crap.

I didn't even need to download NS when it originally came out because I had the BETA and it let me patch it to the full version...of course I had to pay for it...

Comment

Originally posted by kr1kit
                          Because that'd make things too easy, EA doesn't like anything to be easy/smooth.. They prefer complicated and slow
                          No, it's because EA would have to pay fees to Valve for every download.

Comment

People unhappy with EA?? Impossible... We all have come across with problems with EA, just wait till patch 1.4 comes out.

Comment

Working...
                            X