Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish List

What, if anything, would be on your wish list for Dice to implement on 2142 via a patch or "add-on"?

From playing, here is a list that a couple clan mates and myself have discussed.

Each ordered by most important to least.
    Commander:
    Sat-Track
    - Add a 1 second "ping" of detected personal to the NetBat systems of SQUADED soldiers
    - Further encourages use of SQUADS and Sat-Track via commander

Last Stand Beacon
    - All Types, except TITAN: Available only for team who's capture points have all been taken.
    - Can only be used once.
    - Commander places "beacon" anywhere on map. Players spawn from point.
    - Limited "armor/health" as attackers can destroy.

Squad:
    Auto Switch Assignment:
    - Automatically switch a point from attack to defend (or vice versa) if the point
    in question changes (ie defending a flag, it goes neutral/captured, change to attack)

Win Points for SL:
    - Squad Leaders get "2x" for on winning team, not just commander.
    - Remember without the squads/soldiers, the commander is nothing

Move Points:
    - Give a squad points for "moving" to a location and holding (al la: attack/defend)

Player:
    SILENCED WEAPONS
    - Silencer Unlock for the light machine guns and pistols.

Gliding Parachutes
    - Bring back glidable parachutes.

GPG - Gas Powered Grapple
    - Allows users to "Grapple" and scale buildings, perhaps even titan
    - Opens the maps up

General Game:
    More ranked maps (of course)
    Environmental Settings (snow storms, rain)
    If long round, have the "sun set" causing the map to get gradually darker until the night lights come on.
    Oh, I'm sure wish lists have been posted before, but with a quick search not returning much and the onslaught of COD4/ETQW, I figured a new list was in order, just incase DICE would like some direction for either a new pack/game or maybe a giggle while they're working on console games.

Nice wish list, I like the grapple, parachute and SL bonus idea. Problem is, DICE can't even get a patch out in a reasonable amount of time, so don't hold your breath on this. Guess that's why it's a "Wish list"

Comment

ya i think the glidable parachutes should def com back into battlefeild!

Comment

well... squad leaders should get a bonus for winning, but it shouldn't be the "2X" bonus, it should be less. The commander doesn't get points from anything other then what his team accomplishes, squad leaders can (and from what I've seen, often) earn enormous amounts of points just by playing normally and issuing an order or two... or even better just saying "Ya commander, that sounds good... *page up*"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost 1800
          well... squad leaders should get a bonus for winning, but it shouldn't be the "2X" bonus, it should be less. The commander doesn't get points from anything other then what his team accomplishes, squad leaders can (and from what I've seen, often) earn enormous amounts of points just by playing normally and issuing an order or two... or even better just saying "Ya commander, that sounds good... *page up*"

True, perhaps a 0.5 bonus for the win.

Comment

Fix the server crashing problem.

Comment

Originally posted by zariok
              True, perhaps a 0.5 bonus for the win.
              .5?

You mean their score should be split in half?

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle
                .5?

You mean their score should be split in half?
                I'm assuming he means a .5 increase. So, 1.5X

Comment

Well if they were to do it, I would expect it to be more like a 1.25 (maybe even lower) because as it is, squad leaders make enough points on their own. From a different standpoint, it would make sense to reward all of the squadleaders, AS A WHOLE, about as much as the commander, which would mean a 1 1/4 - 1 1/8 bonus. Nothing very big, just an incentive to get your team to win.

Comment

I don't like the last stand idea personally. A team that allows itself to get shut out deserves the quick KO. (Yes I've been on one) And does it really happen anywhere else than on pubs? And if so, it's probably cause the winning team's strat is deserving of the quick win.

SAT - I'd also like to add that as commander if I'm spotting someone, I should NOT have to keep clicking on them to get them to show up on the damn NetBat. One click should be enough, even two would be acceptable but it can take up to 3-4 spots sometimes while all of your other scans on the map that you wanted to spot are fading away. Very frustrating.

I like the SL attack/defend switching, that should be automatic, but that is what your commander should be doing anyways?

And I would like to see a small bonus for SL's. I can't tell you how many teams, they stay back out of the action (and out of the points) while they secure a spawn point/beacon or spot for net bat. Plus they are spending time directing with attack/defends and what not. More time is spent "supervising" than actual combat, so the scores don't always reflect their accomplishments. But I'd agree to a 1.25-1.50 range but certainly not a 2.0. Totally agree with the "move" points.

Few adds I'd like to see.

Somehow, please, tell me that I got a headshot in game. Perhaps a different color hit indicator? I don't care about any other point of the hitbox, but damn am I having a hard time getting an infiltrator pin...Perhaps I should start just shooting walls long distance to check my accuracy?

And also, i want to see the person with the best kill streak in the round summary. Those are hard to get as infantry on city maps. At least it's been hard for me, but I'm getting better all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X