No announcement yet.

Vehicle Armour Weak Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another small tip i think is worth sharing.

Rockets travel at roughly 30 metres per second and the Pilum sabot projectile travels twice that speed (60metres/second)

So if you are leading a shot on a moving target, use the range finder inbuilt inside your main weapon to estimate projectile travel time and use that estimated travel time to predict necessary lead.

Happy hunting on the highway.

Comment

Few quick changes...

First of all, your theory that vehicles start automatically losing AP at 15 is incorrect. They start losing AP at below 20, and you can tell when this happens if your vehicle is making a flashing siren sound. Now, this might not be true for all vehicles, but I was in a FAV the other day and I had to bail out at 19 AP, because my vehicle caught fire and exploded. If you don't think this is true try and test it. Secondly, If you shot the front of a hachimoto with a machine gun, sniper rifle, pistol etc. I don't think it does any damage. You might want to add that considering you said pilums do the same amount of damage for an FAV as they do a hachimoto. People might get confused thinking both of them have the same amount of armor. Thirdly, you can take out gunships with other weapons just like FAV's. This might not relate to your topic, but it's an interesting fact for people to know. Gunships are also weak against PK rockets.

Correct me on these things if I am wrong.

Comment

every vehicle can be taken out by any explosive(including nades and rokets). you only need much of them.

Comment

Yes, but most vehicles aren't weak against pk rockets or nades. Pk rockets and nades do about the same amount of damage.

Comment

we don't usually include pk rockets and grenades in this thread because of their impracticality against armoured targets. More likely, using them against armoured vehicles is more likely to draw their attention towards you and get you killed.

Originally posted by katsup787 View Post
            Thirdly, you can take out gunships with other weapons just like FAV's.
            That's just a load of dumb. Gunship armour can resist small calibre weapons fire. FAVs on the otherhand can get whittled down by infantry small arms quite easily, LMGs or HMGs being reasonably effective at this. FAV mounted machinegun and APC machinegun also counts as being a small calibre weapon.

Comment

This may be obvious, but hitting a moving walker in the vulnerable parts is difficult. You need to make it stop so you can get a good hit in. Use motion mines, EMP, a comrade as bait, or wait for the walker to stop by the silo/flag. Once it stops pop up, fire, and get back under cover while you reload.

Comment

Originally posted by 193d DCAT1 View Post
                This may be obvious, but hitting a moving walker in the vulnerable parts is difficult. You need to make it stop so you can get a good hit in. Use motion mines, EMP, a comrade as bait, or wait for the walker to stop by the silo/flag. Once it stops pop up, fire, and get back under cover while you reload.
                Luckily walkers can't shoot very accurately while moving anyway

Comment

they can(or i can). just aim a bit at the back of the target and you will get the kill. fighting walker vs walker is as easy as pea if you know that you need to keep on moving. and engieniers cant hit you easy if yuo keep on moving and changing direction.

Comment

Originally posted by sempf View Post
                    they can(or i can). just aim a bit at the back of the target and you will get the kill. fighting walker vs walker is as easy as pea if you know that you need to keep on moving. and engieniers cant hit you easy if yuo keep on moving and changing direction.
                    Beg to differ on that one, as an engineer pro, hitting a moving walker is easy. Especially if you can get them disoriented. Our clan hunts armor! I haven't seen a walker outrun, I mean, outwalk a circle of motion mines. If you bail, you're still dead... Ha ha ha... we love hunting armor.

Comment

maybe never lett them give a chance to do that. as soon as people try to do that i leave that area. just shoot yuor biggest threath and move on. if you cant escape for a few shots use shield. ask for supplies at the commander. if you really need it ask for a orb strike so the infantery is pinned down. a movign walker can be easy but a walker wich somethimes just randomly takes a step back isnt. i try to keep eyes out for rockets so im not supprised if i get hit. just know how much you can do and should do is what a good walker pilot should know.moving+changing directions+good aiming+knowledge should make you unstoppeble. if all the enemies are engies just let your teammates clear them as easy as pea

Comment

Noobs are easy but a well organized squad with good communication is not so easy to take out when hunted by armor... Practice and good squad communication can easily exploit any armor weakness. Squad communication and coordination is important when attacking armor.

Comment

it also helps keeping a walker alive. just leave if there are no kills or it leads you into a death. most noob walkers just stay at the same place forever but i practicly never stand still. just have a good communications will make walkers invinceble. then it is just who has the most ammo. walker vs walker or walker vs infanterie there is no need to stop so why do that? if you are outgunned you are doing something wrong. dont move to quickly but also never stay at the same place. it can be difficult but there is no impossible.

Comment

I am not about to tell you how our clan takes out walkers, that is classified. I never said anything about infantry either. A walker will always be out gunned with proper tactics and training. If you have seen us on the battlefield you will know it when you exploded. You mentioned the most important thing of all, always keep moving whoever you are.

Comment

pistols? jk
                              walkers are vurnerable for getting surrounded but if you keep on moving tactically and strategically good you will survive unles the come with jihad jeeps walker infanterie infanterie in fav. you cant flee from a fav. you will have to nail them and as the rockets are made better so you will hit where you aim if you're in a moving vehicle you will be beaten to death

Comment

Feh, enough on this debate on which is better. Smart walkers will overcome dumb infantry and smart infantry will overcome dumb walkers. Smart infantry vs smart walkers fights don't really apply much because both would realise that they won't engage each other unless they can put the other at a disadvantage. Walkers and infatry need each other for support to cover each others weaknesses.

As for your car bomb comment, I've had my share of being exploded by some cheap recon ramming a fav into me, but ive also had my shares of getting even with them by either turning them into a burning heap or by giving the FAV a new interior paintjob, compliments of the driver. Some of it is due to luck, but most of it is simply getting to a good spot where they can't get to you, then you can destroy them before they get too close to you.

Same thing can be done against air transport rammers, but you may need buildings to conceal your location, some early warning against them and perhaps support from either a friendly gunship or another walker to help bring them down faster before they can ram you.

edit: sempf, I can barely understand what message you are trying to get across

Comment

Working...
                                X