[FREE] Crysis beta sign up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory is mine.

I built a PC about four years ago and it is able to play Crysis!!!!!!!!! (granted its on all LOW settings, quititng every program including explorer.exe, and overclocking)

Athlon XP 3200 2.10 GHz
    GeForce 6800 XT 256MB AGP
    1GIG DDR1 400 Ram
    nForce 2 Mobo by EliteGroup

And it runs!!!!!!! Its actually smooth enough so I can play, however giant rectangles of death, along with hiccups of about 10 seconds plague the game.

The game is amazing btw. It just sucks I gotta dish out 2 grand to be able to enjoy playing itl

Comment

Originally posted by BallaAce
      Don't worry, sucks anyway. Lagfest. And all you do is capture CP's... *BF2/142, anyone?*
      Yeah, im starting to uninstall it right now...

For the first time ever(no matter what game) i saw in the server brownser servers with 4000+ ping...

Anyways maybe other gamemodes are better, or single player.

Comment

WTF you guys are uninstalling and I haven't even completed my download... :cry:

Comment

I think the game's just not optimized. A guy in chat was saying he has a quad core and a 8800GTX and he's getting 15-20 FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
            WTF you guys are uninstalling and I haven't even completed my download... :cry:
            Yeah i already unistalled.

Originally posted by BallaAce
            I think the game's just not optimized. A guy in chat was saying he has a quad core and a 8800GTX and he's getting 15-20 FPS.
            Yeah... IMO that was terrible even for beta. First when i got it installed, it tried 5 min(approx) to join the server, then i got message that "connection timed out".

Then when i finally got into game, all textures were yellow and black.

After installing new drivers, joining server was fast, but in-game textures were mess again, and it started to clear out piece by piece. And when it was "finished" loading textures, i got mucho lagg almost all the time.

I know that my PC isn't exactly top notch, or anywere near that. But i still could be able to run this on min settings.

So either it was because of the BETA(allthou World in Conflict beta wasn't like that) or it was something else.

Im still gonna check out the demo when it comes out and maybe the whole game later, but that beta was just too much...

Until then, see you on the battlefield.

:salute:

Comment

Anyone with a high end machine must realise that Crysis is a VERY hardware intensive game.

Stop running it at all max, current hardware can barely keep up with all that detail. Remember Supreme Commander? Its the same thing here.

Run at some lower settings (waah waah parents spend 2k on machine and cant run onhigh????). I am running at all low settings on a computer that meets the BARE MINIMUM requirements to the letter and it runs well enough to play (about 15 FPS).

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313
                Yeah... IMO that was terrible even for beta. First when i got it installed, it tried 5 min(approx) to join the server, then i got message that "connection timed out".

Some servers are updating, and don't accept new players.

Then when i finally got into game, all textures were yellow and black.

Some settings (did it for me on high) have shaders (I think) that are cached and have to be loaded

After installing new drivers, joining server was fast, but in-game textures were mess again, and it started to clear out piece by piece. And when it was "finished" loading textures, i got mucho lagg almost all the time.

I know that my PC isn't exactly top notch, or anywere near that. But i still could be able to run this on min settings.

So either it was because of the BETA(allthou World in Conflict beta wasn't like that) or it was something else.

Im still gonna check out the demo when it comes out and maybe the whole game later, but that beta was just too much...

Until then, see you on the battlefield.

:salute:
                Answers to some problems are in bold.

I personally run it @1600x1200 on low to minimize lag (I have 2GB RAM, E6600, and a 640MB 8800GTS). Anything higher and it's sub-30fps.

Comment

Can someone who dislikes the beta give me their key? =\

Comment

Answers to some problems are in bold.

I personally run it @1600x1200 on low to minimize lag (I have 2GB RAM, E6600, and a 640MB 8800GTS). Anything higher and it's sub-30fps.
                    I had this game all low settings, so i don't think that shaders was the problem, the drivers/my graphics card was.

After i installed new drivers and got into server, same thing again. But when i was spectator when i first joined, i could see all the textures kinda like loading from yellow/black to original color.

The server connection time out was same thing in every server at first.

I'll gotta admit, maybe i'll try that again(or maybe not).. Since spotting enemy, speeding up, then boost strenght and smacking the taste out from opponents mouth was kinda funny...

Comment

What I wonder nowadays is that companies release "betas" only couple of weeks before the actual release date. Some betas are really worthy of the beta title, like Team Fortress 2, being very near the complete product. And some betas are more like game show demos with all the flaws etc. There's nothing wrong in that involving gamers early on to the game development, but to make drastic changes or major fixes in such a short time will mean inferior release products. I thinks it borders a minor miracle if Crytek can get their stuff together in fatisfiable manner before release date.

Comment

Originally posted by looqas View Post
                        What I wonder nowadays is that companies release "betas" only couple of weeks before the actual release date. Some betas are really worthy of the beta title, like Team Fortress 2, being very near the complete product. And some betas are more like game show demos with all the flaws etc. There's nothing wrong in that involving gamers early on to the game development, but to make drastic changes or major fixes in such a short time will mean inferior release products. I thinks it borders a minor miracle if Crytek can get their stuff together in fatisfiable manner before release date.
                        For me this felt like really early beta. IMO they have quite few things to fix before the demo or the full version. I think that best beta i have played was World in Conflict, no problems at all, or atleast i didn't have any...

But we'll just have to wait and see if they can make it happen before demo/full release.

And if they can't i can already see it happen.

Demo released: November 5th(not official i just made it up)
                        Full release: November 16th(according to Gamespot.com)
                        Patch 1.1: November 17th-18th

And maybe another soon after.

Comment

I'd support a December/Q1 '08 release date if they can get it better optimized. Besides, I'll have CoD4 to hold me over by then .

It still won't be a good MP game compared to BF2 or CoD series IMO. I'm betting mods and SP should bring it up there though .

Comment

I'd support a December/Q1 '08 release date if they can get it better optimized. Besides, I'll have CoD4 to hold me over by then .

It still won't be a good MP game compared to BF2 or CoD series IMO. I'm betting mods and SP should bring it up there though .
                            If they are gonna hold on to that November release date, i bet that they have some cold lonely nights ahead of them...

And yeah, MP from CoD and Battlefield series is gonna whoop the floor with crysis Multiplayer...

Comment

What I perceive the "problem" to be is that games need to create hubbub way before (even years) before the release date and worst of all need to keep it up all the time. This creates a very unhealthy environment for the game actual lauch, because gaming community is being hyped up with ever-increasing expectations. We know all the details about Crysis and it's plot and happenings by know. (25mins movie trailers anyone?)

And we all have formed our sky-high expectation based on videos made with top gear and "actual game play" footage. When the game finally comes out the audience "has been there seen that" thus game not making the Ooh! -effect. And with our mediocre rigs the game inevitably won't look anything like the videos shown to us.

Anybody remember the original HL game launch? HL virtually came out of the blue and because of that it maximized the Ooh! impact with rave reviews. It actually generated the buzz based on the actual game and practically forced anyone remotely connected to gaming to buy one copy. Even when HL2 had very high reputation of it's predecessor to live up to it managed to do that. In my opinion partly because Valve had the nerve to lay low, develope the game with patience and release tiny bits of info/videos just mere weeks before the lauch. Nothing like the full disclosure of Crysis (or any other big title coming up) we see here.

Partly the trend is gaming community's (or the game webzines) fault also. The fate of the game is not decided by the reviews it gets, but previews. Nothing is more fickle than a gamer.

So I see very few positive genuine surprises on the gaming horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by looqas
                                *Snip*

So I see very few positive genuine surprises on the gaming horizon.
                                I see one game what is gonna create that OMG!!11WTF=!1 THAT'S AMAZING!!111! Or atleast i hope it's gonna create that. I know that from the videos i have seen, this game is gonna amaze lot of ppl.

Assassin's Creed

Comment

Working...
                                X