Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Fi Soundcard problem, need help.

Hello.

I have a new problem with my X-Fi xtreme gamers card (PCI card).
    I just upgraded my computer with a new mobo and processor.
    I did not have this problem before i changed my mobo.
    When i play 2142 and there is a orbital strike, and i move, i hear a lot of crackle. This goes away when i have the sound on medium or low.
    This is not a problem in Battlefield 2.
    I have the latest drivers.
    I have tryed to a reinstall of 2142 and the soundcard driver.

I hope somebody can help me.

Lmg.

Hello.

I just noticed that it also happens when there is a large explosion close to me. Is this just a matter of adjusting my sound settings in the creative control panel?
    If yes what should i turn down?

Do you have onboard sound on your new mainboard. Make sure its disabled.

Comment

I just disabled it in the Bios, and i made no difference. :-(

Comment

Not to be presumptuous but what kind of speakers are you running? The best sound card in the world can't help you if your speakers are crap.

My X-FI and logitech Z640's get zero distortion/buzz/crackle.

Comment

do you have nforce chipset mobo? this is a common problem with certain mobos, i've seen this reported on many occasions. do a search on google with nforce and x-fi noise and you'll see. i believe you have to just live with playing with lower sound quality.

FYI, i don't have this problem with my x-fi xtreme gamer, but i don't even use the X-Fi sound settings, instead i use hardware/high because X-Fi mode made a game a bit more unstable (crash more) and i wanted better performance.

Comment

Do you have Vista?

Do you have 4GB memory?

Comment

Im getting this same problem. Annoying as hell

Comment

thanks for your reply´s.

I have a intel p35 chipset on my mobo.
                I have a steelsound 5h v2 headset. I also have some creative I-trigue speakers, can´t remember the number.
                i use x-fi mode, i will try to use hardware next time.

Comment

Dude,

check your x-fi games mode settings in the sound panel software that comes with the x-fi. I had to turn off all the gizmos (chrystilizer, 3d mode etc) and it worked. Cause first time I used it with Bf2142 I noticed the exact same problem as you are having. Just switch off all the fancy gubbins and turn on x-fi hardware enabled in the bf2142 menu and you should be set.

P.s. I know its not your speakers cause I had the same crackle from my speakers and headphones.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X