Crashing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing.

We'll, I decided to boot up 2142 this morning and when I click the icon opens up EA Link as usual and I had to download a newer version for it ( Not sure if it's the game or EA Link ).

But everytime I open it, It crashes right back to the desktop I do not even get to the intro or anything just a black screen and then boom crash.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Do you perchance have a widescreen LCD? It sound like what happens when the monitor configs are wrong, perhaps the update somehow has overwritten your settings config? Just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DexterCarlisle
      Do you perchance have a widescreen LCD? It sound like what happens when the monitor configs are wrong, perhaps the update somehow has overwritten your settings config? Just a guess.
      I did switch around the monitor cables to DVI.

Maybe it is my video settings.

Thanks, I will check this out now.

Edit: I went into my My Documents and changed the resolution but it did not work.

Still crashing.

Are we still on the 1.25 patch?

Comment

So EA Link updated itself to EA Download Manager right? Can you at least start that new App?

Comment

Originally posted by SomeDooD View Post
          So EA Link updated itself to EA Download Manager right? Can you at least start that new App?
          Correct, And yes I can open the Application.

I'll try to reinstall it.

Comment

So it just doesnt want to start, no error at all?

If so, try changing Compatibility to Windows 2000.

Comment

Delete your 2142 folder in my documents, this will erase any settings that may be conflicting. The folder will automatically be replaced when you start up 2142 and set it up again.

Yeah were still on 1.25

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                Delete your 2142 folder in my documents, this will erase any settings that may be conflicting. The folder will automatically be replaced when you start up 2142 and set it up again.

Yeah were still on 1.25
                Thanks bud.

I wish I read that a little sooner.

I had to reformat anyways because Battlefield 2 nor 2142 would start up so maybe I need to reformat.

Comment

Working...
                X