Different Soldier Sayings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Soldier Sayings?

I did a search for "different sayings" and couldn't find any results so if there is another thread just give me a link to it.

Yesterday I started another soldier, just to have better stats now that I have improved my understanding of the game and when I went into battle with it I noticed a lot of the sayings were different from those I heard on my main account.
    Whats next sir? (request orders) became Orders sir?
    Mediiiic! (When dead) became Man Down, Man down (on main account only commander said it)
    We got company became Threat spotted (I think)
    Those are just a few that I remember but the thing is, on my main account when someone was revived the medic would not say "alright pal on your feet" except on my new account they do.

Is this to do with these default settings the new account has? Does anyone know what I need to change on my main account to have these other sayings?

There are a few sound bytes that are Commander-only, to distinguish them from those of the regular grunts. "Alright, on your feet, soldier!" is one of those that is only uttered by the Commander when reviving someone, never by the common soldiers, and I know for certain there are a handful of others.

There are also several expressions that are side-specific. A good example is "Right-O!", which is EU-only, as are "Cheers!" and "Sorry, champ!" if memory serves me correctly.

Between all the other sound bytes, to my knowledge the selection is random. If you use the commo-rose "Thanks" byte, for instance, the odds are equal of your soldier saying "Nice, thanks!", or "Awesome, thanks!".

Comment

Originally posted by Ekalb
      Yesterday I started another soldier, just to have better stats now that I have improved my understanding of the game and when I went into battle with it I noticed a lot of the sayings were different from those I heard on my main account.
      Just out of curiousity, on your "old" account, did you customise your sound?

The reason I ask is that (since my sound card sucks), I set my sound settings to Low which is only 16 sound channels (default is Medium and 32 channels I think).

And I noticed that one time when I re-installed 2142 that there were a bunch of new phrases that I heard soldiers saying that I'd never heard before. Nothing vastly different than what I'd heard before, just a different phrase for something commonplace as in "Nice, thanks!" was replaced occasionally by something like "Awesome, thanks!". After I checked my settings I noticed that I had defaulted to Medium sound (and 32 channels) and that's what was causing me to hear the "new" stuff.

I think what happens is that when you set your voice channels lower, that the game limits you to fewer voice "prompts" in order to not tax your system as much.

I have a feeling that when you created your new soldier you might have picked up the default settings for your sound that is why you are hearing voice chatter that you hadn't before?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattsville
        Just out of curiousity, on your "old" account, did you customise your sound?

The reason I ask is that (since my sound card sucks), I set my sound settings to Low which is only 16 sound channels (default is Medium and 32 channels I think).

And I noticed that one time when I re-installed 2142 that there were a bunch of new phrases that I heard soldiers saying that I'd never heard before. Nothing vastly different than what I'd heard before, just a different phrase for something commonplace as in "Nice, thanks!" was replaced occasionally by something like "Awesome, thanks!". After I checked my settings I noticed that I had defaulted to Medium sound (and 32 channels) and that's what was causing me to hear the "new" stuff.

I think what happens is that when you set your voice channels lower, that the game limits you to fewer voice "prompts" in order to not tax your system as much.

I have a feeling that when you created your new soldier you might have picked up the default settings for your sound that is why you are hearing voice chatter that you hadn't before?
        Yep your right, I've changed it and i really like the new sound settings. I noticed it doesn't only change the soldier sayings but some other sounds (guns, clicking etc.) are also changed. I like it a lot more now, thanks

Comment

Working...
        X