No announcement yet.

1.4 beta 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unofficially I can tell you the three biggest changes from beta experiance.

1. New map- "Highway Tampa". An extremely big map, probably 130% bigger then verdun. Mucho vehicles=huge armor battles not experianced on any other map. Just have a nice time running if you bail out of your transport in the middle of nowhere.

2. Shotgun buff- The Clark now shoots about 150% faster, very fun to use.

3. SCAR buff- The scar is more accurate now, not quite sure how much, but it can stand toe to toe with the krylov now. Well, almost toe to toe.

Comment

ah so they are getting tampa on 2142 aswell, cool i love it on bf2, something tells me it could be more fun on2142.

thanks for the info

Comment

Not a problem.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Vid I made about Tampa.
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Vid I made showing the abilities of the new SCAR.

Comment

hehe nice music on that tampa vid

Comment

Damn. 1.4 is STILL not released yet. How many months has it been since beta 1 came out?

Comment

Originally posted by coolbho3000
                Damn. 1.4 is STILL not released yet. How many months has it been since beta 1 came out?
                The timestamp on my 1.40 patch is June 26th, so at least three months.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude

Vid I made showing the abilities of the new SCAR.
                  Geez that new scar is ridiculous. I have 1100+ kills with the scar and i have a 28% accuracy. Out of all the ARs it is the only one that was right, it only felt weak and inaccurate cuz the other three are so be beefed up. The ARs are just ridiculous now

Comment

Great... another map where there is no cover for infantry and vehicles dominate. How about a bit of both huh DICE?

Comment

Actually, lots of people have been clamoring for the return of big armor battle maps such as this, appearently in older battlefields, this type of map was the norm.

Also, vehicles don't totally dominate, you plant a beacon in the right spot.....

Comment

Originally posted by Talbot
                        Great... another map where there is no cover for infantry and vehicles dominate. How about a bit of both huh DICE?
                        Cerbere, Tunis, Gibraltar, Belgrade, Leipzig... and you can effectively play infantry on pretty much any other map, you just need to do a little extra planning in regards to where your going and how you plan to get their.

Comment

I would love to be able to play beta or hell just play 2142.The clark buff sounds lovely hate the TKO shot not registering and getting killed because of it.

And for those who viewed my problem with EADM no my problem still hasn't been fixed even after contacting support.

Comment

Just wondering.....
                            Does the shotgun buff affect only the Clark? Or does the Herzog benefit too?

Comment

Originally posted by Talbot
                              Dismounted AT guys can have a blast as well, especially with the pilum. A good defensive infantry squad (along with 2 gunships per side) can make this map quite dangerous even for decent armor guys. Then there's the airlift provided by multiple transports for each side- lots of air-mobile infantry attacks, and generally pretty non-linear action. All in all, its a very interesting map that allows for a range of play styles. I like the 2142 version much better than the BF2 version, actually.

Originally posted by DesmondLocke View Post
                              Just wondering.....
                              Does the shotgun buff affect only the Clark? Or does the Herzog benefit too?
                              Just clark. Herzog already had higher fire rate.

Comment

One of my favorite things to do is grab a transport and just fly from silo to silo dropping people off.

Comment

Working...
                                X